Ch. 335: Wei Yan's Wedding

Chen Yunlan placed the rice porridge on the coffee table. Normally, Qiuqiu would stick to the porridge due to its aroma, but today, Qiuqiu couldn't divert attention from the two dads on the phone.

When Chen Yunlan took the phone, Qiuqiu's tiny paws tightly grasped it, continuously calling for "da da," looking quite pitiful.

Chen Yunlan decided to hold Qiuqiu with one hand and use the other to make a video call to Wei Chen and Chen Li.

Not much was said; the couple were simply worried about Qiuqiu. They gave Chen Yunlan some instructions and reluctantly ended the call.

Unable to see his dad on the screen, Qiuqiu pouted, almost crying.

Luckily, the porridge had cooled down by this time. Chen Yunlan scooped a spoonful, checked the temperature, and fed it to Qiuqiu's open mouth.

Qiuqiu was about to cry, but when Chen Yunlan fed him the porridge, Qiuqiu smacked his lips, swallowed the porridge, and once again opened his mouth towards Chen Yunlan, saying, "Ah!"

On the other side, Xie Chunsheng was prepared to comfort Qiuqiu. He never expected that a spoonful of porridge could resolve everything. He was left quite astonished.

"Is Qiuqiu always this easy to handle?" Xie Chunsheng couldn't help but ask.

Chen Yunlan smiled, "Yes, he's quite easygoing. With food, he feels like he has the whole world." His expression was gentle, and his actions of feeding Qiuqiu were tender, filled with affection.

Xie Chunsheng didn't say much, just glanced at Chen Yunlan, then at Qiuqiu, his eyes softening.

*

Shanghai, Wei's residence.

After ending the video call with Qiuqiu and seeing him behaving well, the two dads finally relaxed. However, the repeated calls of "dad" from Qiuqiu in the video made the two fathers homesick. They wished they could fly back immediately and give their chubby Qiuqiu a few kisses.

As the night grew deeper, Wei Chen embraced Chen Li to sleep. They did nothing but entwine their limbs and gradually fell into a deep slumber.

The next day, Wei Chen and Chen Li got up early. They had to attend Wei Yan's wedding and accompany Wei Yan to pick up the bride.

After changing into their suits, they headed to Wei Yan's house.

When they arrived, Wei Yan was already prepared. He seemed fine when seen yesterday, but now, looking at Wei Yan, he appeared extremely nervous.

Accompanying Wei Yan to pick up the bride were several of his friends, who arrived shortly after and joked with Wei Yan for a while.

Wei Yan actually blushed because of these jokes!

As the time approached, Wei Yan, along with his groomsmen, went to the bride's house to fetch her.

The bride was Wei Yan's university classmate from a well-off family. They had dated for three years in college but eventually broke up for reasons unknown. After a few years of separation, they reunited.

Wei Yan genuinely loved the bride. When they reached her house, despite any challenges presented by the bridesmaids, Wei Yan remained pleasant and willing.

Finally seeing the bride, Wei Yan pounced on her like a hungry tiger, lifting her up horizontally, causing a stir among the groomsmen and bridesmaids.

Amidst the commotion, Wei Yan kissed the bride, and she, unembarrassed, reciprocated with equal enthusiasm.

As time approached, the wedding car carried the group towards the hotel where the wedding ceremony would take place.

In a separate car, Wei Chen and Chen Li sat together. Chen Li's large, bright eyes had a slight upward curve at the corners of her mouth, evidently pleased. Wei Chen squeezed Chen Li's hand, leaning in to ask softly, "Are you happy?"