Ch. 339: Ill Intentions

Outside the restaurant door, Zhou Zhuoran stood somewhat uneasily. Though today's matter didn't concern him much, those who bothered Chen Li were, after all, his classmates. He knew somewhat about Chen Li's health condition; although he wasn't sure if his autism had improved, he knew that those classmates' actions would distress Chen Li.

Zhou Zhuoran hesitated for a while. When he saw Chen Li and Wei Chen coming out, he gritted his teeth and stepped forward to apologize, saying, "Mr. Wei, Mr. Chen, I'm sorry. My classmates caused trouble for you."

Chen Li shook his head and said, "It's not your fault."

"Indeed, Mr. Zhou, no need to apologize. This matter has nothing to do with you," Wei Chen added. "Regarding the last time, I want to thank you. I haven't had a chance to thank you properly. Today's situation is special, but we'll find an opportunity to express our gratitude to you."

"Huh?" Zhou Zhuoran was a bit confused. After thinking for a while, he remembered what Wei Chen was thanking him for and said, "No need, really. Those things in my possession wouldn't be of any use anyway."

Wei Chen didn't insist further with Zhou Zhuoran, just nodded at him, took Chen Li's hand, and left.

Once out of the restaurant, Qiuqiu stopped crying. There wasn't a single tear on his face, probably just wailing loudly inside the restaurant, the kind with a lot of noise but little actual distress.

Wei Chen gently patted Qiuqiu's backside, and Qiuqiu giggled, rubbing his chubby face against Wei Chen's.

Seeing Qiuqiu unaffected, Wei Chen naturally breathed a sigh of relief. His concern was for Chen Li.

Wrapping his arm around Chen Li's waist, Wei Chen pulled him closer.

"Achen, I'm fine," Chen Li shook his head in Wei Chen's embrace.

At the beginning, he was indeed startled, but now everything was fine. He was no longer the Chen Li of the past who would retreat into his own dark world at the sight of strangers.

Around him, there was so much love, so much vibrancy. His life was no longer dark but colorful and rich.

Wei Chen's hand around Chen Li's waist tightened slightly, and he turned, lowering his head to leave a dragonfly kiss on Chen Li's lips.

Chen Li's smile deepened.

Qiuqiu made a few excited noises, and Wei Chen gave him a kiss, causing him to happily lean on Wei Chen's broad shoulder.

This, probably, was what happiness looked like.

Near the restaurant entrance, on a car not far away, Feng Tianyang glared fiercely at his father.

"You hit me? You dared to hit me just now?" Feng Tianyang gritted his teeth, his gaze filled with malice, as if he wanted to tear into his own father.

The restaurant owner, looking frustrated, addressed Feng Tianyang, "Do you know who you've just provoked? If I don't take action, this matter won't end well!"

"I don't give a damn who he is! Anyway, you hit me. I'll go home and tell my mom you hit me!" Feng Tianyang spat back.

The restaurant owner, being a son-in-law, seemed to have a glamorous appearance but was completely dominated by his wife, who held the financial reins. She was also addicted to indulging their only son, Feng Tianyang. If his wife found out he hit Feng Tianyang, there'd likely be a huge uproar when he got home.

Just thinking about it gave the restaurant owner a headache. He got out of the car, slammed the door, lit a cigarette, and walked away, trying to make a clean break from the situation.