Ch. 347: Acclumated Luck

Before spring arrived completely, a cold spell came down from the north. A self-media user on Weibo discovered the massive following behind Chen Li's incident. They traveled a long distance to Shanghai and even found the house where the Chen family's three members were currently renting, interviewing them.

It was like dozing off and someone handed you a pillow; it thrilled the Chen family. They each accepted interviews, not only echoing the online sentiments but also fabricating numerous tragic stories.

They went to great lengths to portray themselves as a tragically afflicted family, shifting all unfounded blame onto Chen Li and Wei Chen.

After recording interviews with the Chen family, the self-media even filmed the house where the three currently lived, and went to their previous villa on the mountainside, creating a stark contrast between Chen's past opulence and their present misery.

After wrapping everything up, this self-media hurriedly edited the video and uploaded it to their Weibo.

Previously known for creating humorous videos, this self-media had millions of followers on Weibo. So, within half an hour of posting the video, it garnered hundreds of thousands of shares. At the same time, the names Chen Li and Wei Chen trended together, followed by a red-hot 'explosive' tag.

This was the first time on Weibo that something other than celebrity news had exploded onto the trending list.

It enraged the Chen family's daughter, Chen Yu, who suffered from heart disease, drove the Chen family's daughter-in-law, Du Lixun, to madness, and even landed the Chen family's only son in prison.

What kind of ruthless people were Chen Li and Wei Chen to push the Chen family to this extent?

If you seize someone's property, once it's in your hands, why push the Chen family to ruin?

Initially, public opinion condemned Chen Li and Wei Chen, but it was merely based on insider information without concrete evidence.

But now, the victims themselves had come forward, providing undeniable proof. This incident was undoubtedly a closed case.

At present, the online public opinion surged higher and higher. Every major media platform was flooded with comments demanding justice for Wei Chen and Chen Li.

Everyone was indignant, as if they were the ones being persecuted. Once a topic trended on Weibo, whether related or not, all the comments were filled with mockery and derision towards Chen Li and Wei Chen. Some even went as far as criticizing the nation's system.

Wasn't it all due to the nation's system that allowed someone with power to manipulate everything?

The whole atmosphere on Weibo was tense, with public opinion being driven to one peak after another.

At this particular time, neither Chen Li nor anyone related to Wei Chen stepped forward to refute the claims. Major official media outlets stayed silent, leading the masses to believe they were guilty or too afraid to explain. Consequently, more and more people rallied to demand justice for the Chen family, and their words turned increasingly harsh.

Observing all this, Chen Li couldn't help but feel disdain for the shamelessness of the Chen family. Accusing them of hypocrisy, sometimes he found himself cursing them even in his dreams.

What kind of people were they? Didn't they have a shred of conscience? Leveraging public pressure to directly vilify him and Wei Chen, their behavior was repulsive!

As for the online opinions filled with venomous words, Chen Li didn't invest much thought into them anymore. The warmth from the people around him comforted his heart. Occasionally, his emotions would fluctuate involuntarily, but he managed to overcome them quickly.