Ch. 331: The Suitor

When Wei Yan emerged from Old Master Wei's study, Housekeeper Zhang approached with a smile. "Young Master Yan is getting married?"

Wei Yan nodded, "Yes." There was a joyful gleam in his eyes, a happiness emanating from within.

Housekeeper Zhang escorted Wei Yan out of the Wei residence, inquiring as they walked, "Who's the girl from?"

Somewhat puzzled by Housekeeper Zhang's question-since Housekeeper Zhang had always been reserved-Wei Yan answered truthfully, "She's a classmate from my university."

Just a girl from an ordinary family-someone he liked, and his mother liked too. As for how the Wei family would react, Wei Yan didn't concern himself much with it.

Housekeeper Zhang didn't press further. He saw Wei Yan off until his figure disappeared around the corner into a car. After Wei Yan vanished into the distance, Housekeeper Zhang let out a deep sigh.

In that sigh, there was a sense of relief.

It's better for him to choose an ordinary girl. Life in a prestigious household is too burdensome. Wei Yan being able to distance himself was a good thing.

Housekeeper Zhang turned back towards the Wei residence. As he approached the main house, Wei Zhenxiong happened to descend the stairs. He glanced deeply at Housekeeper Zhang, then walked out with a smile that wasn't quite a smile.

Housekeeper Zhang found it somewhat inexplicable. He greeted him before heading upstairs.

*

After leaving the Wei residence, Wei Yan made separate calls to Wei Chen and Wei Hua, sharing the news about his impending marriage.

Wei Chen agreed to come over, but Wei Hua, after offering his blessings, declined Wei Yan's invitation with regret.

It was mainly because Cookie's belly was gradually growing bigger. Wei Hua had even stopped all his work, staying at home with Cookie. He couldn't bear to be away from Cookie even for a day.

Wei Yan naturally understood the feeling of being a husband and a father. He now deeply felt the preciousness of a partner and a child.

Thinking about his wife and the baby in her belly, Wei Yan couldn't help but smile, his face filled with the taste of happiness.

*

In the capital, after Wei Chen finished his call with Wei Yan, he hugged the squirming ball of fur in his arms and planted a kiss on its forehead. "Does Qiuqiu want to talk to Uncle on the phone too?"

Qiuqiu grabbed Wei Chen's phone, flashing a wide smile, "Pa...pa."

It turned out Qiuqiu thought the person Wei Chen was talking to was Chen Yunlan. Chen Yunlan had been in the United States for a few days, and the child was missing his grandfather.

"Later, we'll go to the airport to pick up Grandpa," Wei Chen said, not taking back the phone. With one hand holding Qiuqiu, Wei Chen finished tidying up, and Chen Li had also gotten ready in this time.

Chen Yunlan was returning today, and they were going to the airport to pick him up.

After the family got ready, Wei Chen drove towards the airport with his little family.

After waiting for about half an hour at the airport, Chen Yunlan's flight landed. Chen Yunlan emerged from the gate, accompanied by Xie Chunsheng.

"Why is Dad with Uncle Xie?" Chen Li, standing beside Wei Chen, asked with some confusion.

Wei Chen had some guesses but didn't voice them. He simply said, "Probably met on the plane."

As they were chatting, Chen Yunlan spotted them and walked over. He first hugged Chen Li, smiling, "Xiao Li, Dad's back."