Ch. 346: Perfect Spring Mood

Spring had drawn near. Despite the cold wave descending from the north, it couldn't halt the gradual warming of the air. Warmth surged from all directions, not only embracing the atmosphere but also warming people's hearts.

Chen Li felt this warmth as well-from Wei Chen, from family, and from those around him.

Despite some individuals casually spreading malice toward Chen Li on the internet, hiding behind the anonymity of the web, speaking words of extreme cruelty, even now, around Chen Li, many who didn't know him or understand him believed the online rumors. They cast disdainful glances and spoke hurtful words.

However, Chen Li believed that as long as this warmth existed, he could overcome these challenges, the obstacles in his heart.

At this moment, Chen Li realized that the world wasn't dark but rather colorful. He had learned to open his arms and embrace this world.

While Chen Li's emotions settled somewhat, rumors on the Q University forum intensified, spreading to other websites, causing a huge uproar.

Due to coordinated efforts, the news spread incredibly fast. In less than a day, it became a top trending topic on major websites and headlines.

As the commotion escalated, online users fervently discussed the matter. Public opinion surged against Chen Li, with all sorts of hurtful words emerging. Occasionally, a few netizens questioned the authenticity of the incident, but they were quickly drowned in a sea of insults. Even if some weren't drowned out, the comments were all focused on attacking the so-called water army, criticizing their moral compass.

The uproar was getting bigger and bigger, but the majority of the melon-eating public discovered that no media reported this incident.

Consequently, more water army members emerged, claiming that Chen Li and Wei Chen had powerful backgrounds, buying off these media outlets to suppress the news.

For a moment, online opinions were unanimously against Chen Li. Anyone speaking a positive word about him or Wei Chen would face a barrage of criticism from online users.

Entities like Changfeng Group, the Beijing Calligraphy and Painting Association, and others related to Wei Chen and Chen Li were besieged. Countless online users found various ways to criticize Wei Chen and Chen Li in the comments sections of official accounts. Eventually, it seemed insufficient just to criticize these two; they started targeting the official accounts as well.

As the war of words escalated, the incident regarding the Dream Cup resurfaced. Despite the truth having been revealed, most online users adopted a stance of 'I won't listen, I won't listen.' They firmly believed Chen Li was a plagiarist, considering the so-called truth as nothing more than a cover-up orchestrated by forces behind Chen Li.

Feng Tianyang scrolled through Weibo, observing the overwhelmingly abusive comments. A sinister smile, full of malicious satisfaction, remained on his lips.

Zhou Zhuoran stormed in, snatched Feng Tianyang's phone, and slammed it fiercely on the ground. Glaring angrily, Zhou Zhuoran questioned, "Feng Tianyang, you know exactly what happened that day. Why did you say such things online? Do you realize your nonsense could ruin someone?"

"Zhou Zhuoran, you can eat whatever, but words shouldn't be uttered carelessly. What did I say online?" Feng Tianyang, reveling in his triumph, didn't care about the damaged phone. His smile remained uncontainable. "Who knows if Chen Li offended someone and is facing retaliation? Moreover, if Chen Li has no issues, why would my trivial matter trigger such a huge public outcry?"

Zhou Zhuoran struggled to find a response, feeling infuriated. Grabbing a nearby book, he hurled it at Feng Tianyang.

Feng Tianyang wasn't going to stand there and take it from Zhou Zhuoran. In no time, the two were entangled in a scuffle.