Ch. 340: Verbal Violence

The next day, Wei Chen accompanied Chen Li to Q University, then took Qiuqiu and went to Changfeng Group.

Chen Li is currently auditing classes at the Civil Engineering College. He doesn't particularly aim to become an engineer; he just wants to enrich himself with some knowledge. With a background in painting, naturally, he chose Q University's top major.

His autism has improved a lot. He appears almost like an ordinary person now. At most, others might see him as a slightly introverted and shy individual.

But Chen Li hasn't entirely emerged from the darkness yet. He still harbors fear towards strangers. For him to attend classes as an auditor in the Civil Engineering Department, placing himself in an unfamiliar environment, is an immense act of courage.

Moreover, Chen Li is sensitive. The moment he stepped into Q University today, he sensed that something was off.

This discomfort refers to the way others looked at Chen Li. Their gazes weren't just lacking goodwill; they were somewhat critical, pointing fingers and gossiping from a distance.

"Isn't that Chen Li from the School of Fine Arts? How does he have the nerve to attend classes after what he did? If it were me, I'd j*mp off the teaching building and atone for my sins with d**th!"

"Yeah, exactly! The school treats him like a treasure, but he's a treacherous person. When will he betray the school?"

"Someone like him is sure to have a bad ending. Just watch."

Such looks and vicious words accompanied Chen Li into the classroom he intended to audit, becoming increasingly aggressive. The malice in their gazes seemed almost tangible, aimed directly at Chen Li.

Chen Li felt terrible.

He hadn't experienced this feeling in a long time. It felt as if there was no light around him, the air filled with oppression, making it hard for him to breathe.

Chen Li sat still in his seat, his gaze somewhat vacant. Finally, unable to bear it any longer, he tremblingly pulled out his phone and dialed Wei Chen's number.

At that moment, Wei Chen had just arrived at his office, and Chen Li's call came through. Wei Chen felt a sudden tension but immediately answered the phone.

"Achen..."

Wei Chen understood Chen Li only by name, yet he could sense Chen Li's fear and helplessness.

"Li Li, what's wrong?" He stepped back into the elevator and swiftly headed towards the parking lot.

Chen Li didn't speak. His rapid breaths transmitted through the phone to Wei Chen's ears, piercing his heart like needles, causing a sharp pain.

"Li Li, it's okay. I'm coming over right now." Wei Chen reassured Chen Li over the phone, simultaneously sending messages to Zhuge Yu and Chen Yunlan using another work phone, asking them to go to the school and comfort Chen Li. He quickly drove towards Q University after securing Qiuqiu in a baby seat and taking a few deep breaths.

Damn it, what on earth happened? Li Li's emotions had been stable for a long time. What could have possibly happened now to make him break down emotionally?

Chen Yunlan received Wei Chen's message while in class. Seeing the content, he apologized to the students below the podium and rushed out of the classroom, his face tense.

Zhuge Yu was in the art studio painting when his phone rang. Glancing at it, he immediately dropped the brush and sprinted towards the Civil Engineering Department. Even though he was over fifty, he seemed to run with the speed of a much younger person.