Ch. 333: Meeting Wu Zikang

Qiuqiu remained well-behaved. At first, unaware that Wei Chen and Chen Li had gone out, when he noticed, he gazed at Chen Yunlan with wide eyes and called "Da da" a few times.

Chen Yunlan lifted Qiuqiu from the carpet, kissed his chubby face affectionately, and tenderly said, "Dad and they have gone back to Shanghai and will be back the day after tomorrow."

Not understanding, Qiuqiu tilted his body to find his dad. Chen Yunlan walked around the house with Qiuqiu, checked the art studio and Wei Chen and Chen Li's bedroom, but didn't find anyone. It dawned on Qiuqiu that both dads weren't home, but he didn't cry. Instead, he made a sound and quietly lay on Chen Yunlan's shoulder.

After about an hour, the doorbell rang. Xie Chunsheng arrived. Chen Yunlan opened the door and let Xie Chunsheng in. After he came in, Xie Chunsheng's gaze fell on Qiuqiu. Sensing Qiuqiu's low spirits, he reached out and gently stroked Qiuqiu's soft hair, somewhat concerned, and asked, "What's wrong with Qiuqiu?"

Chen Yunlan replied, "Achen and Xiao Li went back to Shanghai. He couldn't find his dads, so he's feeling upset."

When Qiuqiu saw Xie Chunsheng, his dewy eyes scrutinized him, and he stretched out two chubby little arms toward Xie Chunsheng, saying "Ah!"

"This...?" Xie Chunsheng couldn't quite understand Qiuqiu's meaning and looked at Chen Yunlan, utterly puzzled.

"He wants you to hold him," Chen Yunlan chuckled, and then handed Qiuqiu over to Xie Chunsheng.

Stiffened all over, Xie Chunsheng held Qiuqiu, feeling how soft and tender he was, afraid that a little pressure might leave marks on Qiuqiu's chubby body.

Qiuqiu clung to Xie Chunsheng's neck, resting his head on Xie Chunsheng's broad shoulder, still feeling melancholic.

"Don't worry, Qiuqiu isn't that delicate," Chen Yunlan reassured, seeing how tense Xie Chunsheng was.

Though Xie Chunsheng understood the logic, he was clueless about how much pressure to exert while holding Qiuqiu, who was plump and tender. He had never held a child before.

Without further persuasion from Chen Yunlan, he continued holding Qiuqiu while Chen Yunlan went to the kitchen to prepare lunch.

"Stay for lunch at noon," Chen Yunlan hesitated for a while in the kitchen before finally speaking to Xie Chunsheng near the door.

Excitedly, Xie Chunsheng agreed. He sat on the sofa holding Qiuqiu, his gaze fixed on Qiuqiu, radiating an affection even he hadn't realized.

This was his grandson, connected by blood to Chen Yunlan and Qu Ran.

*

Wei Chen and Chen Li's flight landed at Shanghai Airport around 3 o'clock in the afternoon. As they planned to stay in Shanghai for a day or two, they carried only a set of spare clothes, traveling light.

After getting off the plane, their hands clung tightly together, paying no heed to the gazes directed at them.

They walked hand in hand through customs, heading towards the airport plaza. As they reached the plaza, a voice sounded from behind.

"Achen!"

The voice carried a weathered tone. Wei Chen couldn't immediately discern who called out to him. Upon turning around to see the person behind him, it took Wei Chen a moment to recognize him.

"Wu Zikang." Wei Chen's expression remained indifferent, his tone icy and unwelcoming.

Wu Zikang hurriedly ran up to Wei Chen, stopped in front of him, and glanced at Wei Chen and Chen Li's intertwined hands before addressing Wei Chen, "It really is you! I thought I was mistaken."