Ch. 345: Beat someone at their own game

Of course, allowing the messages to spread unchecked wasn't just about not breaking Chen Li further; there was a more crucial reason behind it-to draw out more people behind the scenes.

Since it was Chen Li's decision, they chose to respect it. With Wei Chen and Lan Xiping around, even if Chen Li couldn't handle it in the end, these two could still help him break free from it.

However, the root of this problem had taken permanent hold. From now on, they had to tread cautiously, avoiding touching that nerve of Chen Li's.

Behind this psychological implication lay Chen Li's past suffering, his hysterical emotions.

Naturally, if Chen Li managed to overcome this deep-seated psychological barrier this time, only then could he truly be considered healed. Then, he wouldn't have to live so cautiously in the future.

This was also the reason why Chen Li chose to give it a try.

He always felt that his and Wei Chen's future was something they would create together. He strived to become a renowned artist, standing shoulder to shoulder with Wei Chen. He also aimed to overcome all his inner obstacles, to face all difficulties together with Wei Chen, rather than hiding behind him every time things got tough.

After knowing Chen Li's decision, Wei Chen understood his thoughts. He gently squeezed Chen Li's hand, feeling an infinite warmth in his heart.

This was the person he liked and was willing to protect at all costs.

And this was the person he hoped would stand by him with the same determination.

Having this person, what more could one ask for?

The decision had been made; now it was time to face the difficulties.

Currently, the rumors were only circulating within Q University, with the most intense gossip centered there. Since Chen Li chose to confront it, the next step was to continue being a passive auditor at Q University.

Wei Chen felt some worry. He kissed Chen Li's forehead and said, "If you can't handle it, just give me a call, I'll come to get you immediately."

"Okay." Chen Li nodded obediently. For Wei Chen's sake, he could bravely confront everything, but he would also gauge his actions for Wei Chen, ensuring things didn't exceed what he could handle.

"Wei Chen, rest assured, the project at my hospital is wrapping up, so I'll be around at the school for a while. I'll help take care of Chen Li," Lan Xiping assured, aware of Wei Chen's concern, though he also shared the worry for Chen Li.

Wei Chen looked at Lan Xiping, gratitude filling his gaze. "Xiping, I'm counting on you for Li Li."

Lan Xiping was a significant figure in their lives. To encounter Lan Xiping in this lifetime, Wei Chen felt immensely fortunate.

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of him," Lan Xiping promised once more.

Afterward, Chen Li followed Lan Xiping to Q University. Jiang Ye hadn't left yet; there was something to discuss with Wei Chen.

"I just received news. Chen Qing has been released from prison," Jiang Ye stated without beating around the bush.

"Released?" Wei Chen was surprised. How could Chen Qing have been released? Who facilitated it?

"Yes," Jiang Ye nodded. "The Chen family made a move."

Jiang Ye's words held a double meaning-the Chen family not only rescued Chen Qing but also served as the origin of this rumor.

Wei Chen wasn't particularly surprised by this. After all, the Chen family wouldn't just sit back and do nothing. Jiang Ye continued, "Since Chen Li has made such a choice, I plan to use a stratagem."