Ch. 338: Unexpected Encounter at the Restaurant

A new restaurant opened downstairs of the Changfeng Group before the New Year. It was a Chinese restaurant, and according to the Changfeng Group employees who had dined there, the taste was exceptionally good, worth a visit.

Since Chen Li was visiting the Changfeng Group today, Wei Chen went to the restaurant downstairs to have a meal with Chen Li.

It was the peak dining time, and most of the customers in the restaurant were employees from nearby companies, with the majority being from the Changfeng Group.

So when Wei Chen walked into the restaurant with Qiuqiu and Chen Li, many eyes from the customers couldn't help but focus on this family of three.

Firstly, this family was very good-looking, and moreover, they were a same-sex couple. Secondly, Wei Chen held a special position as the General Manager of the Changfeng Group, having an unusual status in the minds of the employees. Seeing the general manager accompanied by his family naturally sparked curiosity.

Of course, some employees had seen Chen Li before. After all, when Wei Chen had just started working at Changfeng, he was with Chen Li. It's just that they hadn't expected that after a few years, Wei Chen would still be with Chen Li, and their relationship seemed even better.

Wei Chen and Chen Li had grown accustomed to these gazes directed at them and calmly found a place to sit.

The waiter came to take their order. Chen Li looked at the menu, his big eyes sparkling, unsure of what to choose. Later, he simply handed the menu to Wei Chen, asking him to help decide.

Wei Chen ordered several dishes according to Chen Li's taste and handed the menu back to the waiter.

Qiuqiu, with his big curious eyes, looked around. When he saw the delicious food on other tables, he stared at them, his big, round eyes adorable.

During this time, another group entered the restaurant-youthful-looking individuals carrying drawing boards. They seemed to be university students.

Today, Zhou Zhuoran went nearby with classmates for a sketching session and chose a restaurant nearby. As soon as he entered, he noticed Wei Chen, Chen Li, their family of three sitting in the corner. However, he didn't approach them as they weren't very familiar.

Zhou Zhuoran hadn't intended to go over, but his classmate noticed Chen Li. His eyes instantly lit up, and he nudged Zhou Zuoran, asking, "Zhuoran, isn't that Chen Li?"

Chen Li had gained considerable fame in the art world. His art exhibitions attracted many viewers and had become an idol for some art students. However, due to Chen Li's low profile and rare appearances in public, aside from those who had interacted with Chen Li, others weren't very familiar with his appearance.

But Zhou Zhuoran's classmate recognized Chen Li. He had seen Chen Li's photos from a high school friend who was currently at the Q University's School of Fine Arts. So, as soon as he saw Chen Li, he immediately recognized him, feeling a bit excited.

The classmate's voice wasn't loud but audible enough for others nearby, prompting them to ask, "Chen Li? Where? Where?"

"Yeah? Mr. Chen Li is also in this restaurant? I heard he's quite young! Where is he?"

Zhou Zhuoran furrowed his brow but nodded nonetheless. Upon confirmation, the classmate became excited, about to walk towards Chen Li, but Zhou Zhuoran reached out and stopped him.

"What's up, Zhou Zhuoran?" the classmate asked displeased.

Zhou Zhuoran frowned, "I should be asking you what you're doing? Mr. Chen Li and his family are having a meal; let's not disturb them."