Chapter Eighteen

It's been days since Azrael has marked me as hers. And the entire time, I have been locked in this room and Azrael never even visited me once.

It saddens my heart but there isn't much I can do about it. I'm still very angry at her with everything in me and I'm not going to break to just ask her to come see me. It's her fault why I'm trapped here in the first place.

The only person that has been visiting me was Amber, she brings me food, helps me bathe, and spends time with me. Through, it's mostly quiet.

I've become more restless as the days went by. Some of my injuries have healed or are getting closer to being fully heal and that's just letting me stay up longer and having much more energy to use.

Energy I used to use on cleaning the Pack house but Amber still isn't allowing me to do anything like that. It's really bugging me not to do stuff cause I'm so use to it but Amber won't budge, no matter how much I beg.

So, has a way to do something, I've been re-cleaning the room I have been staying in despite it being spotless. It's still hard walking on my bad foot but I've just be un-organizing things and fixing them back up, ignoring the pain.

But just doing that is starting to drive me crazy. I guess Amber noticed and gave me these wooden animals, don't know why she did that. She said her son likes to make them for the children to play with so that made me ever more confused.

I'm not a child. Maya said that I was around 19 a couple months ago before being brought here. Thinking about it, how old is Azrael? She doesn't look like she's really old, so probably under triple digits. Her expression is really cold and looks like she went through a lot.

So guessing, she should be in her 50s or 60s. That's young in werewolf terms. Werewolves live for a really long time, like a really long time.

I don't know how long since I've never asked anyone from the pack, like they'll even allow me to talk to them or respond to the question. I'll probably would have gotten beaten up before getting punished by Alpha.

I actually don't know much about werewolf kind. Maybe...maybe I should ask Amber as a way to spend time? No, I shouldn't do that. I'm not allowed to speak to the pack, even if they're not my own.

I've been getting really comfortable here and have been pushing the boundaries Alpha has set for me lately. If he was here, I've would have been sent to the dungeons and be punished properly for my unacceptable behavior.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted to go back to the Pack.

Sighing, I rubbed a hand over my face. Back against the wall like always when I'm not doing anything in this dark room.

There isn't a light switch in the room and the only light comes from the cracks from the wooden shutters on the window. Which I don't really mind the dark because werewolves can see in the dark with our good vision.

But I've been inching to feel the sunlight and to breathe the fresh air. Perhaps, I should ask Amber if I can open it.

Snapping out of my thoughts when the sound of the door unlocked echoed though out the room, my head turned to see Amber open the door and come in. Closing and locking the door behind her, slipping the wooden key in her pocket.

She was holding another tray of food and the smell of it made me shift uncomfortably. During the days I was locked up, Amber comes twice a day to give me meals and I've only ate one of them.

Amber doesn't look happy with the lack of food being eaten but I can't help it. I'm not use to eating every day, let alone two times, so I get full really easily.

Honestly, she should stop wasting her time on cooking for me. She doesn't have to do it every day, she can do it every other day, which would lessen her time and energy spent on me.

Sending the tray down on the table, Amber turned her gaze over at me and her eyes narrowed. She stared at me for a moment which was really uncomfortable, before turning her attention on the window.

Without hesitation, she removed the piece of wood keeping the window shutters closed and placed it against the wall. Then, she pulled open the shutters.

My eyes snapped close by all the light that burned them. A small whimper left me as I covered my eyes with my hands to block out the light.

After a moment of them getting adjusted, my hands slowly moved away and my eyes slowly opened. Blinking rapidly when getting hit by the light again but it was bearable.

"Come child." My head turned to look at Amber and saw that she was looking back at me with her normal, not caring expression. "Come and eat. You're really pale due to the lack of sunlight and your bones are sticking out against your skin. Come before I force this food down your throat."

I gulped. This is the first time Amber has threatened me. Getting up, I limped over to her. Keeping my head down when getting closer.

Standing right before her, arms at my side. Amber turned away and pulled out a chair. She didn't sit in it which made me confused. Looking at the chair than at her, she tilted her head. Staring down at me.

"Well? Sit down." Lightly humming for a moment, I sat down in the seat. My attention on the food for just a moment before looking outside.

A giant smile formed on my lips, my eyes wide and bright as I stared out the window and saw all the greenest and people roaming about. The wind blew against my face. This is nice.