Chapter Fifty

Slipping out of Azrael's arm that was loosely wrapped around my waist, I replaced myself with a pillow. Looking back at my mate, her brows furrowed and her lips twitched into a frown.

After a moment, her expression relaxed. Pulling the pillow that I had replaced myself with closer to her naked chest, burying her face into in. Taking a deep breath.

Smiling, I turned away from her. Moving my legs off the side of the bed and going to stand up, only for my legs to buckle underneath me and I went crashing to the floor.

Feeling my cheeks turn red, I grabbed the blanket that was hanging off the bed to help pull myself up. Looking over at Azrael when my head peeked up from the bed, I saw her still asleep. A small sigh of relief escaped me.

Slowly standing back up to my feet, I waited a few minutes for some feeling to return to them before finally letting go of the bed and slowly made my way over to the door. Opening and closing it as quietly as possible to not wake my mate.

Standing in the hallway, listening to my mates heavy breathing behind the door before grinning in victory that I don't get caught.

Looking up and down the hall and I saw on one. Sniffing the air, I caught a faint smell of Lily's omega scent behind everyone else's. Mainly because it smelled more sweeter than the Rogue's bad scent.

Speaking of Rogue's scent, I wonder if my changed after I accepted Azrael as my alpha and fully joined into The Wild Blood-Moon Pack. It will make sense since my eyes did changed from brown to red.

Thinking about that a little more, I walked down the hall, following after the sweet omega scent. Being careful to not get caught by any of the men in black and keeping myself hidden whenever I saw them walk by.

They didn't seem to notice me which proves how lazy and lean they were. Probably wouldn't even notice if Aspen was getting killed until it was too late.

The Rogue warriors always notice the faintest little thing, which is why it's so hard to sneak up on them. It's also kind of embarrassing since their hearing is so good and I am kind of...loud whenever I'm with Azrael. Alone.

Ignoring that hot blush on my cheeks, I peaked my head around a corner. Seeing nothing but a door that seemed to lead outside.

Walking over to it, I quietly opened in, stopping when it creaked, but soon opened it a little more to step outside. Keeping the door slightly opened, I looked around some more.

After a moment, my eyes landed on Lily. Her back was facing me and she was on her knees, fiddling with something I couldn't see.

My eyes lit up upon seeing the shewolf and I strolled over to her, not making a sound. Reaching her, I bowed down to her height, my mouth next to her ear. "Boo"

Lily flinched and her head snapped back to me, a look of fear in her eyes as her body started to shake. Now I could see that she had a pile of chopped up pieces of wood in her arms.

"Do-do you need something from me Miss?" Turning my attention back to Lily, I pulled back a little. My smile still on my lips. "Don't recognize me, Li? I'm hurt. Then again, it's been years since we last saw each other."

Lily's brows furrowed and her eyes narrowed as she started at me in confusion, her body stopped shaking as she looked me up and down. Sniffing the air for my scent, a small hint of realization formed in her eyes. "Iris?"

My smile widened. "The one and only. How you doing little sis? It's been a while."

Eyes widened as she recognized me, tears formed and ran down Lily's pale cheeks. "Iris!" Dropping the pile of wood in her arms, Lily flung herself towards me and tightly wrapped her arms around me. Burying her face into my shoulder as she sobbed. "I've missed you!"

Wrapped my arms around my little sister, I gently rubbed her back to help calm her down. "I've missed you too, Lily."

Letting Lily cry on me for a few minutes until she finally calmed down, we walked a little deep into the woods so no one could see us and took a seat on a log. Lily was wiping away her tears as I watched.

"Feeling a little better?" She nodded, turning to me with a smile. "Yeah. It's just...I'm so happy to see you after all this time." She looked me up and down again, wiping the last tear off her cheek. "You sure grew a lot. Your scent is different now too, you kind of smell like an Alpha."

I rubbed the back of my neck, chuckling nervously. "Yeah. Being a runt doesn't stop the fact that I have Alpha blood running through my veins. I grew more taller after I shifted a few days ago."

Lily's eyes lit up with excitement. "You shifted! Really?" She leaned towards me, wanting me to tell her more, judging from her expression. "Yeah. I also found my mate and we're expecting. These past few months have been a real adventure for me."

Nodding her head, Lily pulled away from me. Staring down at her feet. "Speaking of your mate, I can't believe that the Goddess bonded you to THE Mad Blood Hound. I can't imagine being mated to such a woman." She shivered, wrapping her arms around herself.

"She's not that bad when you get to know her." I laughed. Then again, she did ripped someone's head off for hurting me the first time we met. And killed an entire group of vampires with her bare hands, but I'm not telling Lily that.

I snapped out of my thoughts of Azrael when an owl made loud hoots a few feet away. I turned my head just in time to see the owl swiftly swooped down and snatched up a little mouse that was running in through grass before flying back up and disappearing into the trees.

Looking back at Lily, thoughts on why she left filled my mind. "Lily, what happened. One day you were there and the next, you were gone." The blond wolf turned away, playing with the tips of fingers. Not saying anything for while until finally having the courage to do so.

"Alpha said that he didn't need a weak and pathetic omega like me in his pack, that I was a sign of weakness. So one night, he dragged me away and sold me to another Alpha. After that, I bounced from pack to pack, each pack getting worst than the last, until his majesty brought me a year ago and I've been with him ever since."

Wiping away the tears that were streaming down her face, the omega started sobbing again. Her voice becoming weak. "He's...very mean to me, Rissie. He hurts me everyday and...and he likes to..."

Watching Lily brake down, unable to speak more, my chest grew heavy and I looked at my sister with pity.

Without saying a word, I moved closer to her and wrapped my arms around her. Lily didn't hesitate to lean against me, shoulder shaking as she continued to cry.

And seeing her like that, anger grew deep inside me and my wolf stirred, letting out a low growl in the back of my mind. "I promise you Lily, I'll get you out of here and you can come back and live in my pack."

Sniffling, Lily looked up at me. "Really?" Smiling softly at her, I nodded. "Really." Hearing that, she burst into tears again and burying her face back into my chest. Softly saying, "thank you" as she continued to cry.

Only to snap away from me when a loud voice was heard coming from the house. "Omega, Where are you!? You have better not have tried running away!"

Lily's eyes widened in fear as she quickly moved away from me and got up from the log. "I have to go." Before I could say anything, Lily was already making her way back to the house.

Sighing, I got up from the log and followed after her. Not taking long to step out from the trees with Lily already getting grabbed by a man in black and dragged into the house. Getting yelled at by him as she kept her head down, shaking.

Growling at that, eyes bright, I unfortunately had to hold myself back to not caused any trouble for Azrael between her and her older brother. But, by the Goddess did I want to rip that wolf's throat out.

Perhaps I can do it later when he's alone. That sounds good. After all, accidents happen.

Balling my hand into a fist, nails digging into my palm, I headed back inside and back to the guest room where Azrael should be. Not caring that a few men in black noticed me walk back.

Reaching my guest room, I grabbed the door knob and opened the door with a yawn. I'm tired.