pants on

for plot purposes, let's pretend Taylor could have played all of the shows and made it this early 

Travis' POV

"So how's Taylor?" Patrick asked as I spotted him, which wasn't exactly necessary since we were doing semi-light weights. No need to get injured the day before the Super Bowl. 

"She's good." I nodded. "Haven't talked to her in a little while since she's busy with shows and getting enough sleep, but from what I've heard it seems to be going well."

"She gonna make the game tomorrow?" He grunted as he set the bar back in place, sitting up and wiping the sweat off his forehead.

"Looks like it." I rubbed my hand through my hair. "As long as there's no delays with her flights."

"That's good, you'll be glad to see her again." Patrick joked, and I rolled my eyes at him as we put the weights back and wiped down the equipment.

It hadn't been too long, but god I missed my girl. Taylor and I had facetimed a few times but she'd been so busy that it hadn't lasted long, and I was so excited to see her tomorrow. She was always on my mind, and all I wanted to do was hold her in my arms, smell that soft, flowery scent that clung to her hair, tell her I loved her and hear her say it back. But soon, soon I'd be able to again.

Deciding I was finished for now, I left the main area of the gym and went down to the lockers. I checked my phone to see that Taylor still hadn't texted back, but I wasn't surprised. She had a lot on, and I would be there to answer whenever she had some time.

Grabbing a towel and a change of clothes, I went down to the shower stalls and got in. Tossing my sweaty clothes aside, I had a quick shower and changed before packing everything into my bag. We'd been told to do a little but take it easy today, eat well and prepare for tomorrow. It was going to be one hell of a day, and I could already feel the nerves building. Good nerves, but nerves nonetheless.

Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I made sure I had everything and said goodbye to the few guys still in the gym as I left. It was just going into early afternoon, and the air had chilled ever so slightly since I'd been outside. Crossing the road over to the hotel we were staying in, I walked through to the elevator and scanned my card for the floor I was on. Letting out a tired sigh, I leaned against the wall as I waited. I needed to get an early night.

The doors dinged and opened on the tenth floor, the hall silent when I stepped out. Rubbing my eyes, I walked down to my room and scanned myself in. It was as quiet as I'd left it, but as I dumped my bag onto the table, I frowned at the pair of shoes that didn't belong to me sitting by the door. They weren't a pair I recognized, and they were far too small to be mine. They most definitely hadn't been there when I'd left.

Then my eyes landed on a hoodie sprawled across one corner of the bed. Pale blue, with that little mended stitch in the collar, a little fluffy and worn from how used it was. My heart skipped a beat. I'd seen that hoodie a million times.

"Baby?" I called out, confused. If Taylor was here, why hadn't she told me she was coming? What was going on? "Baby are you in here?" I asked, going over to the bathroom and flicking on the light. Empty. 

I looked around the room again, scanning for anything unusual, but aside from the shoes and hoodie, everything else was in place. Just to make sure, I crossed over and picked up the hoodie, lifting it to my face. Sure enough, Taylor's familiar scent covered the fabric. It was hers. She'd been here.

Then the hotel door opened behind me and I spun around, my eyes widening at the sight of Taylor coming in, her phone balanced between her ear and shoulder as she talked, a little basket in her arms. She smiled as she chatted away, so busy handling the basket and closing the door that she didn't even see me.