1- Stretching the Laws of Physics

The elite four... The ultimate goal... (PKMN)

This is a story on the journey of five Pokemon trainers through the Photon Region. Now, if you don't know what the 'Photon Region' is, this story will not make nearly as much sense. Huh? You own all the books, video games, and movies/episodes, yet you've still never heard of it? Well, that's okay, because Photon is a Region (I made it up) which is first introduced in a book called 'A Pokemon Adventure', (I also wrote it, it's on wattpad) which is a different, while partly alike, plot to basically the same book. You'll understand if you read chapter one of this book and chapter 10 of A Pokemon Adventure. Anyway, if you read this book, you should probably read A Pokemon Adventure as well, before or after. But add both books to your library for convenience. (Check my profile page and click on my story 'A Pokemon Adventure'.) Anyway, for everyone new to my Pokemon Fanfics, welcome, and anyone who's read any of my other books, thank you, and if you've already read 'A Pokemon Adventure', which is being constantly updated, this story should be awesome as well.

And also, as always, everything such as Pokemon, pokecentre, etc. Belong to the Pokemon Company, but I reserve rights to my creations, the story & plot, etc...

So, finally, after the opening credits, Ilovetoread72 (That's me!) can present to you...

Chapter one!

*Yawn*

I sat up in bed, and glanced at my Hoothoot Alarm Clock (tm). 4:00. Perfect. I knew my parents would be up and about in about an hour, and then they would be all, "Oh Celia, how I'll miss you," and blahblahblah. Sheesh. They did it for what, three hours last night? Being an only child with parents that have empty-nest syndrome even BEFORE I've left home.... well, let's just say that kindergarten, and all other parts of my schooling... didn't go so great. Not for me. But, anyway, I should probably get moving.

I rush down the stairs, pour water into a hot kettle, and fling open an overhead cupboard. I reach in and feel around.... There! The past pack of instant oatmeal. I pull out a bowl while my water starts to bowl.

Five minutes later, and I've eaten, grabbed a jacket, and snuck out of the house. Man, gotta love that instant oatmeal...

I walk down a curb on the brisk, Saturday, morning.

Tuning down yet another street, Prof. Jacob's Lab/House comes into view. I start to jog a bit, but I can admit while I feel very hyper/excited, I'm also a bit nervous. What if..?

Casting all doubts aside, I push open the door to his... place, without knocking. Why bother? Just a waste of precious time.

Prof. Jacob, who luckily isn't out, looks up from a desk with a pokeball on it, and hastily stows the capsule away. He then turned to a set of five pedestals.

"Well, Celia," looking just a tad nervous, he continued, "I didn't expect anyone this early. But, seeing as you're the first one to arrive, you can have your pick."

He motioned towards the five pedestals. "Take your pick. First we have a bidoof, secondly a Pokemon called Buneary, a Budew, a chimchar, and another... Pokemon. You see, I honestly don't know what kind of Pokemon it is," said Prof. Jacob. "It just arrived from Hoenn, marked 'Possible Starter pokemon'. I was just about to open it when you arrived. I believe it's a present from someone called Steven."

I vaguely recall hearing his name, but at the moment I am unable to place it.

"I would suggest-"

I brush him off. "I'll take the mystery Pokemon."

I've, you see, always been a bit of a daredevil. I quite like the surprise. Hehe. Wonder what it is.

He hands me the pokeball, a bemused look on his face.

As I move to lightly toss the pokèball, he rushes to grab a red device, and opens it up just as the flash of light signals the release of the Pokemon.

'Beldum,' I hear a mechanical voice say, 'is a steel type Pokemon, but some say it has mysterious psychic qualities which will not have any effect until it evolves. It uses magnetism to float.'

I look at the small, steel, Pokemon. It looks kind of like a metal bar with a claw at one end and a bar at the other.

Anyway, the professor raised an eyebrow. "Now I remember him," he muttered. He then turned to me.

"So," he asked, "do you wish to keep this beldum?"

But I wasn't listening. Instead, I was hugging MY FIRST POKEMON!!! "How about I call you Bells!" I say excitedly.

"I guess I'll take that as a yes..."

As I return Bells to his pokeball, I receive five pokeballs from Prof. Jacob. "Where should I put them?" I ask. Then I realize... "I FORGOT MY BAG!!!"

"There's no reason to worry," the professor reassures me. "Here, this is the deluxe 2011 expander bag"

He hands me a rather small backpack. But when I look inside, I realize each compartment has stretched the limits of all laws of physics. The bags compartments are large enough to individually contain every single item I'll ever get. And much, much more.

One word. Wow.

He then proceeds to hand me the red device he grabbed earlier, when I released Bells. "This is a pokedex," he explains, "it will keep record of every single pokemon you find and capture, and will provide a useful aid in battle."

"Well," I say, "is this it?"

"Yup," replies the professor, "so I'll see you over this," he hands me a little watch. But it's actually got a screen on it.

"It's a video watch," he explains, "the ultimate aid. I've heard the producer will be constantly updating it, so while right now all it does is let you video chat with others. Try it out sometime. Anyway, see ya!"

Feeling a little bit... pushed, I walk out the door. Then, a thought suddenly strikes me. I rush over to the other side of the building and look through a window descreetly. I just catch Prof. Jacob hurriedly pull the pokeball from before out, and release the pokemon inside. A starly, a small bird pokemon, appears. It immediately starts making guestures toward prof. Jacob, and he puts his head in his hands. Obviously, he's trying to figure out what it is trying to say. Then I wonder, why did he put it away when I came in? Couldn't he just ask me for help? What's so important about a starly? Anyway, he seems to give up, and puts the pokeball away.

I walk away. Not my business.

—End chapter one—

Okay. It's time I explained the forward. In my other story, the main characters Chris and John meet Celia, the main character of this story, in chapter ten. For all of you who haven't either read any or read that far, she is just leaving a hotel room, and the entire room is a total ruin. She explains a little, and leaves Chris and John to find another room after exchanging phone numbers, (Phone explained in due time).

Basically, this story is the same time, Celia actually sees John and Chris doing some random things, and meets them, just like the other story, for the first time, at a hotel. So, this is Celia's story.

But, I have a problem. There is a MAJOR, and I mean major, plot twist. I won't say anything more, but the other story kind of can't continue until this story catches up with it.

So, I really hope you enjoy.

As a later update, I'd like to note that this book has barely been getting any feedback lately. Is this because nobody is reading it, or is this because nobody is commenting? Please, comment and let me know what you think! :D

-Ilovetoread72