8- The Kiss of Doom

8- The Kiss of Doom

Yup, I'm back for the third gym leader.

Can't wait till Celia captures a -SPOILERMON-

And when Dante gets -SPOILERMON-

______________

I leaned up against a tall, rough, red cedar tree, and rest my poor feet.

Dante, doing likewise, commented, "Where is this city anyways?"

I look at my map.

Not for the first time, I notice that the size of the forest on the map seems to be growing, and the 'City' getting smaller.

"could be anywhere, since we have absolutely no clue where we are," I replied.

I straightened up, and continued walked, Dante following behind me.

Suddenly, we walked into an once unseen clearing, with about five tiny wooden one-floor huts of all sizes.* I walked up to one villager, and pointed to my map, I asked him "Uhhh... Do you know where the Wooden City is?"

*sorry about the differences from A Pokemon Adventure, this is the 'city' that John and Chris visit in chapter 9.

"Right here," replied the villager, gesturing around at the village, and, seeing my confused look, continued, "The elder paid money to get the city title, in hopes that more people would come live here. It didn't work. We do get more tourists, though."

"Uhhh... Okay," I said, walking towards one of the largest huts, with a sign above the door that I just noticed- 'Gym'. It was scribbled on with what looked like a thick marker.

"Let's head in," I told Dante.

Inside, we quickly walked to a small arena. On a chair beside it sat a man with rather large muscles.

"Hazard a guess this is the fighting gym?" I whispered to Dante. He grinned and nodded.

"Hiya!" yelled the man unexpectedly, jumping all the way from the chair to a few feet in front of us.

Startled, I nearly fell backwards.

"Machop! Get rid of these trespassers!"

He powerfully threw a pokeball at us.

"Metang!"

"ChiCha!"

The muscular, gray pokemon glared at them.

"Ha! I guess you have pokemon as well, but remember, the bad guys always lose! Use hi jump kick!"

The pokemon, a machop, (I didn't have time to pull out my pokedex, so I guess it's that) did a jump kick at bells.

Bells, still adjusting to it's new form, didn't have time to evade the powerful move. It flew into the side of the wooden gym, but failing to stop levitating in the air.

"ChiCha use fire spin!"

His chimchar let out a circle of flame that entrapped the machop, and the machop fainted as the fire enclosed tightly around it.

'Beeeeeep!!!!!!' came a sound from Dante's backpack, and he scrambled around in it for his pokedex.

Pulling it out, he turned down the speakers slighty. Neither of us noticed at the time that the strong guy's eyes had just grown rather large.

'ChiCha is evolving.... ChiCha is evolving.... ChiCha is evolving.... ChiCha is evolving.... ChiCha is evolving....  Congratulations! Your ChiCha evolved into a Monferno!'