Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia FanFiction ~ Chapter 2

"Yes!" I shout out loud, having finally captured the pikachu. It smiles at me tiredly, and I hope the 26 tries it took to capture it didn't really... Hurt it.

Ms. April grins half-heartily, leaning tiredly against the wall.

C'mon, two hours isn't that bad, is it?

After Ms. April had carefully handed me the styler, she had explained something about, "By drawing loops around pokemon, it conveys the rangers feelings of friendship to the pokemon. WITHOUT injuring it."

"Oh..."

And then, twenty-five failures later, I finally succeeded!

"Come on, let's get back to class."

She explained that the styler was mine now, but it was only a school styler and therefore not that good.

When we got back into the class, there was only about half an hour left to the school day.

She summoned a student who was in the classroom at the time.

"Rythmi! Could you come over here?"

"Yes, ma'am!" the blonde-haired student answered excitedly, and she hurried over to the middle of the classroom, standing in front of us.

"Could you... Give Jake a quick tour of the school?"

"Yes ma'am! Oh, and by the way, I scored 100% on a super-hard correspondence test!"

"How wonderful! You're such a brilliant student," said Ms. April adoringly to Rythmi, and she glowed happily.

"Oh, and could you please show him how to use the styler's features?"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"I will be in the staff room." Ms. April left.

"Well... I guess you should come with me, then," said Rythmi, in a less sweet tone now that Ms. April was not around.

As we exited the room, a red-haired boy, one I remembered to have chuckled sinisterly at all the talk about late Joe, nearly pushed me over running head-first into the classroom. He stopped, and turned around to face us.

"Hey, kid. I don't remember your name, due to the fact my memory is totally messed up, but how many times did you fail at capturing that pikachu? Ten?"

My face turned slightly red, and I decided wisely not to tell him of my twenty-five failed attempts, twenty-six attempts in total.

"Not that it matters how long you protest, Mr. Fail—Times—Twenty-five." He chuckled evilly, and I wondered how he had found out about my... Slight inability.

"Twenty-five?! You... Are SO kidding me... He shouldn't even be here..." Rythmi facepalmed, and I chuckled anxiously...

"Anyway. I'm not exactly sure why I'm in the same class as all you rangers seeing as what I want to be is quite different... I want to be an operator."

"And we're all in the same class?" I looked at her oddly.

"Actually, our class is composed of wannabe rangers, operators, and mechanics. Though all three are rather different..."

I chuckled at the flawed logic.

"Anyway, Keith, bug off unless you want to be actually helpful for once."

"Well, I was just going to tell you about something rather funny..."

---/Ten Minutes Later/---

Finally, they stopped talking to each other in their little huddle, and Rythmi turned to face me as Keith left, still chuckling.