17- FINALLY! A ---------!

Anyway. Hope you like this chapter cause I sure did! :D I think... Or hope... Seeing as I haven't even wrote this chapter yet... But anyway! Hope you enjoy! And yes, this chapter Celia will probably get a SPOILERMON and Dante might get a SPOILERMON. But that might be next chapter. Anyway. Let's get going.

-------

"Wait! Son!" exclaimed Dante's dad suddenly, as we were exiting.

"Take this as a gift!" he hurled a small pokeball with what looked like an 'H' on it, and Dante fumbled with it and eventually managed to put it on his belt.

"That was one of my first pokemon, but I never trained it as much as I should have!"

And with that, Dante and I left.

So now we're outside. Hurrah.

And look, there's the gym.

"Let's stock up on potions first," said Dante.

"Sure," I agreed, even though normally I would only stock up on potions once a year.

Outside the pokemart, a man had a bird-like pokemon in a cage.

"You horrible bird!" he yelled, dashing the cage, with the small, gray pokemon inside, against the concrete sidewalk.

"You lost to the Elite Four AGAIN! I have a good mind to..." 'WHACK! THUD!'

The man held his hand in pain, while my Throh retreated to his pokeball.

"What!?" he shouted in rage.

"You shouldn't hurt you pokemon like that!" I growled angrily.

"It's not your business how I treat my pokemon," he replied. "But," he said, his face lighting up a bit, "you can buy the worthless thing from me for 750 (currency)."

"Would this do?" asked Dante, holding out a handful of that sparkly, yellow-ey stuff.

"Yes!" he exclaimed, grabbing it from Dante and running off in glee.

I grabbed a pokeball from my backpack, and it sucked the pokemon out of the cage and safely tucked it in to the red and white sphere.

Aaaannndddd we walked off towards the gym.

Entering, we basically walked into a woman carrying a watering can... But I'm not gonna ask... It's raining outside... Anyway.

"Oh!" she said, startled.

"Would you two like to challenge me?" she asked.

"No," I replied, "we want to help you water plants in the pouring rain. WHADDYA THINK, LADY? THIS IS A GYM! WE'RE POKEMON TRAINERS!"

"Oh! Okay!" she set the watering can down and walked back. Suddenly, I remembered that I had something pressing to do.

"Dante," I said, "you go ahead and battle her. I'll be right back." I exited the building, and released my Pokemon.

"How about I call you Brave?" I asked the small bird type. Glancing at my pokedex, I saw it was called a rufflet.

It smiled and nodded.

"Alright, Level 39.9 Rufflet, let's go beat that gym leader!"

My Pokemon were zapped back into their pokeballs, and I strode into the gym.

"I won," said Dante.

He showed me the Flora Badge, glistening in the overhead light.

"I'll meet you at the next city," he said, and walked out of the building.

"five on five... Battle!" declared Flora.

I sent out all my pokemon, and she replied with a bunch of grass pokemon.

And then a commercial blocked the battle.

------------------------

Um... Can't think of a commercial...

Whatever. That was a, say, four-minute commercial. Luckily, just enough for them to finish their battle...

"Yes!" I exclaimed, as her final pokemon fainted.

None of my pokemon had, however.

'BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP METANG IS EVOLVING METANG IS EVOLVING METANG IS EVOLVING!

Status bar-

0%-------^-----------100%

0%---------------^---100%

0%------------------^100%

0%PROCESSING100%

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOUR BELLS EVOLVED INTO AN /AWESOME/ METAGROSS!!!'

"Well..." I said. In front of me was one of the authors favourite pokemon, a metagross.

"Hm..." she said calmly. She then tossed me the badge with a sour look on her face.

I strode out of her gym quickly and walked off into the sunset...

End---Chapter 17---End

Anyway. Everyone clap their hands!!! Because... Something happened... That I should probably be remembering...

Anyway, thought I'd get the pokedex for Rufflet.

__________________

They crush berries with their talons. They bravely stand up to any opponent, no matter how strong it is.

__________________

They will challenge anything, even strong opponents, without fear. Their frequent fights help them become stronger.

__________________

Yeah. So, Brave is a pretty good nickname.

Anyway. Hope you enjoyed!

Also, Celia and Dante did some training on the way to the next city. But Dante wasn't with Celia.

Celia-

Bells/Metagross- Level 46

Pikks/Pikachu- Level 42

Throh Level 42

Vibes/Vibrava Level 44

Brave/Rufflet Level 45

Dante-

Infernape- Level 40

Kabutops- Level 41

Chinchou- Level 40

-----          - Level 40

Also, ask me about the title of this chapter and I'll tell you. :D And next chapter I hope to show you what pokemon Dante got.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

---

Chapter 18- The Ditto Theory, #2, will be released as soon as I can get wifi.