Seven

Joe kneeled down in front of Nevaeh later on that night smiling as she smiled up at him. He was still a little bit taller than what she was even though he was on his knees. Demi smiled as he reached onto the table grabbing a haribo ring, he slid it down on her finger the little girl giggling as he guided her to do the same on his finger everyone cheering in the room.

"Are we married now?" Nevaeh questioned as Joe stood up bringing her into his arms as he did kissing her cheek gently as did Demi.

"Yeah we are, we just need to move into our house now," Joe answered smiling as the little girl wrapped her arms around his neck giving him a hug. He saw Demi mouth thank you to him, he replied 'no problem'. He knew she just wanted her daughter to be happy before she went for her operation since she might not make it through. "Do you want to dance?"

"I can't dance." Nevaeh mumbled.

"You don't need to." Joe answered setting her back down on the floor. He lifted her up onto his feet Nevaeh giggling as he started to move so they were dancing together.

"I can't believe my little girl is married already!" Demi cooed lifting Nevaeh up in her arms. She was starting to get tired and everyone could see that, she'll need to rest in time for her operation tomorrow, it was a hug thing for a four year old to go through. Demi kissed her hair gently moving some hair out of her eyes.

"Me and Joey having baby!" Nevaeh mumbled but tried to sound enthusiastic not wanting to be put to bed when she was having such a good time.

"Whoa not yet baby girl." Demi answered making her giggle burying her head into her shoulder. Demi kissed her head as Joe approached them again.

"Everyone is leaving now and going to bed, I think it's time for Nevaeh to go to bed." Joe cooed laughing as she protested.

"Stay with me?" Nevaeh questioned.

"He can't baby girl, he has to get home." Demi replied following Joe back down the hall so they could get Nevaeh to bed.

"I'll be here when you wake up in the morning though before your operation," Joe added in turning the corner seeing his mother stood waiting for him knowing where his ward was . "Mom what are you doing here?" Joe questioned as he approached her then seeing that she was crying.

"I'll go lay Nevaeh down." Demi whispered to him Joe nodding his head then giving his mother a hug holding her in his arms as she cried gently into his shoulder. He was concerned what was wrong, why she was in the hospital.

"Y-Your dad had a heart attack." She managed to choke, Joe pulled away from her.

"Is he okay?" He demanded taking in a huge breath when Denise nodded her head. "Sit down, I'm going to say goodnight to Nevaeh and Demi then I'll go down with you." Denise sat down like Joe had demanded before entering the room being quiet knowing that some of the younger kids were already in bed. He made his way to where Nevaeh and Demi slept moving the curtain across.

"Joey." Nevaeh reached out for him. He leaned down kissing her cheek before giving her a hug Demi smiled as he pulled away but became concerned when she saw the tears in his eyes.

"Goodnight Nevaeh, I'll see you tomorrow," He tried to sound enthusiastic but it was hard when he knew what his father was going through. "Goodnight Demi." He was about to walk away when Demi grabbed his hand gently.

"Is everything okay?" She questioned. She wanted to be there for him if something was, he had done a lot for her little girl.

"M-My dad had a heart attack, I have to see how he is." He mumbled before leaving refusing to cry, he needed to stay strong for his mother.

-------------------------------------------------------

Comments