Fifty Three

The weeks soon passed by and Demi was twelve weeks ready for her scan. They had already seen their baby since the day of the bleed when Demi had scheduled her scan to see their baby for the first time but they were excited to see how much their son or daughter had grown in just four weeks. They couldn't believe how quickly time was flying by.

"We'll take good care of Mason, we promise." Denise stated Joe smiling as he saw his father hold the fussy boy. He was just getting better after a little bit of illness.

"Thanks, I should get back to Demi in the car." Joe stated kissing her cheek waving by to Mason before he left climbing back into the car setting the engine going setting off after looking for oncoming traffic.

"Mason okay to be without you?" Demi inquired Joe nodding his head.

"He was a little fussy but my mom will be able to calm him down." Joe approved. He had started work again deciding continue training to be a paediatrician because it was what he always wanted to do, Demi had started going to school again training how to be a teacher. It would take just enough time for the baby to be born, to be able to look after him or her for a year before she could start working. She would do her training this year early while she could.

"I hope squish is okay." Demi stated rubbing her slightly formed bump. She still wasn't very big and she could hide her bump by a slightly bigger shirt but she knew there was plenty of time to get bigger. She wasn't really looking forward to that part.

"I'm sure squish is just fine." Joe assured her taking hold of her hand leaning over kissing her gently while he got the chance, Demi smile squeezing his hand gently.

"I'm just looking forward to seeing how much he or she has grown." Demi cooed rubbing her stomach again with the hand that didn't have hold of Joe's.

"So am I." Joe agreed.

Demi was soon in the hospital room and had all the necessities done before she was laid back on the bed having hold of Joe's hand as Jenny got ready for them to see how their baby was doing. Demi had done everything she could to make sure this baby stayed healthy, she couldn't think of the possibility of losing this one when they could have lost his or hers twin.

"Alright here's baby." Jenny stated turning the screen towards them Joe and Demi smiling as they saw their baby looking bigger and more like a baby than last time.

"Is everything okay?" Joe inquired.

"Yes, your baby is a good size and I don't see anything that causes any concerns to me. Let's listen to the heartbeat," She stated switching the sound on Joe and Demi turning to one another when they heard the sound getting a little emotional. "Healthy heartbeat too, everything is looking good." Demi smiled as Joe kissed her forehead gently.

"Can we have some pictures?" Demi asked.

"Of course, I'll just go fetch them." She switched everything off handing Demi a tissue to wipe the gel off before she left.

"Squish is healthy." Demi breathed.

"Of course squish is, he or she knows how much mommy and daddy want to meet him or her," Joe answered helping her climb off the bed. She wrapped her arms around his neck as his snaked around her waist. "I love you."

"I love you too Joseph." Demi replied kissing him gently before she pulled away heading behind the screen so she could change back into her clothes. By the time Demi had changed Jenny came back with the pictures in an envelope. Joe and Demi soon left happy that their little son or daughter was healthy and planned to stay that way.