Fifty Four

Joe and Demi were soon in the car driving home from the hospital or to pick Mason up before they would pick Nevaeh and Mason up from school. Denise was always happy to look after Mason whenever they needed, Paul would help to but he had his own hobbies which he carried out in the backyard. He wasn't working as much since his heart attack.

"How's baby?" Denise inquired as she opened the door, Joe and Demi couldn't help but laugh as they didn't even get a greet.

"Squish is good, everything is looking good." Joe praised giving her a quick hug before they entered taking their jackets off as the warm weather disappeared and it started to get a bit colder. They entered the living room where they saw Mason on the rug playing with some toys, Denise and Paul had already started to gather some toys for their grandchildren.

"Ah!" Mason exclaimed when he saw them crawling over Joe lifting him up when he reached him kissing the side of his head gently. He looked a lot better than he had done over the past couple of days having a little tummy bug. His fever was completely down now.

"Hi Mason, have you had a good time with granny?" Joe inquired.

"His favourite baby food was yours too." Denise stated kissing his cheek before she started to clean up. Joe and Demi both sat down Joe keeping Mason on his lap lifting him up onto his feet so he was now just a little shorter than he was. They were trying to simulate his legs a little bit so he could start walking in the next couple of months. He was showing that he will talk soon but they were expecting walking to take a little longer.

"He's getting bigger." Demi cooed kissing Mason's head gently making him coo slightly a little wobbly on Joe's legs but Joe was keeping him up right.

"And he wasn't even the right weight when you got him." Denise stated taking a seat back now Mason's toys were packed away.

"I know, both Zack and Mason have put loads of weight on between them." Joe cooed sitting Mason back down seeing he was getting a little calm and sleepy.

"Has Zack spoken much more?" Denise inquired.

"He still calls Joe daddy sometimes and will reply yes and no but nothing else." Demi explained but kept her eyes on Mason.

"He'll get there. Are you telling them all about the baby tonight?" Joe and Demi nodded their heads gently, they were nervous about how they would react. They knew Nevaeh would be excited but it was Zack they weren't sure about.

It was a daily occurrence now that Demi came over to Joe's place after they picked the children up and they all spent the evening together when Joe wasn't at work like when he had a couple of month off. Demi finished school every day in time to pick Nevaeh and Zack up and would take them to Joe's place where a nanny was looking after Mason. Demi's late day was a Tuesday and that was Joe's early start and early finish so he took that turn. Today they both had the day off, Demi would have work to do when she got home.

"Daddy." Zack mumbled as Joe lifted him up holding him against his hip.

"What did you do to get a plaster Zachary?" Joe lectured slightly kissing his head near the plaster. He soon saw their teacher rush after them.

"He just fell and bumped his head, I'm supposed to give you this just in case but it wasn't a bad fall." Joe took the slip from her thanking her as she left after waving to Nevaeh and Zack.

"How does your head feel?" Joe questioned.

"Ouchy." He mumbled.

"Let's get home." Demi stated taking over the stroller so Joe could keep hold of a clingy Zack who now had his head buried in his neck.