Eleven

Joe saw Nevaeh off towards the theatre where she would have her operation done. He wanted to make sure she was okay but he wouldn't be able to stay with her while she had it done, he had his own job to do which would include comforting Demi who knew that she could lose her daughter. He cared for parents as well as patients. He checked the other nurses were okay with the kids before he sat down next to Demi, they had become somewhat friends over the time Demi had been here with Nevaeh. They had to be with how attached Nevaeh had become with Joe.

"I still remember the day Nevaeh was born," Demi begun looking up at him. "She was six weeks early and the tiniest baby I had ever seen, I couldn't hold her for two weeks but when I did I was so scared of dropping her because she barely fit in my arms."

"She sounds like a fighter, she'll make it through this." Joe encouraged but he knew it was out of his hands, he didn't want to give her any false hope.

"You're a father, you have no idea what I'm going through, I don't mean to sound rude." Joe sighed wrapping his arm around her Demi leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I know I don't know what you're going through but I've become attached to no end of children. There was one boy last year called Charlie and he was in and out of hospital for nearly a year, I grew to love him like a son. He died a couple of months ago and I was forced to have a week off work because it got to me so much." Joe admitted.

"J-Joe I'm sorry, I had no idea..." Demi begun now looking up at him but Joe soon cut her off.

"It's okay, I think sometimes people don't realise how attached you get these kids. Their parents can't always be around so they come to you for company." Joe explained.

"She's just my baby girl, I want her to make it through this." Demi admitted Joe looking back down at her able to see the fear in her eyes that she would lose her daughter because of this operation. He barely noticed that he was leaning in but Demi had following his lean Joe then noticing. He made no effort to pull away though.

"You have nothing to worry about, my brother is a brilliant doctor and surgeon." He whispered before he closed the gap between them Demi kissed him back the two of them smiling through the kiss as they were satisfied where it was going but Demi pulled away from him but they were still close to each other.

"We can't do this, your married to my daughter." Demi grinned.

"She gave me her ring back yesterday, she liked Matt now," Joe chuckled when Demi rolled her eyes but soon got distracted when he kissed her again kissing him back as he pulled her closer to him her arms going around his neck as his hands laid on her hips. Demi deepened the kiss but Joe pulled away this time."We shouldn't really be doing this while I'm working."

"Do you care?" Demi questioned Joe shaking his head but pulled away from her completely laying his hand down on her leg.

"No but I do have work to do, I'll check how Nevaeh is doing and the other kids then I'll be back." Joe promised Demi nodding her head.

"Thanks for everything Joe. It means a lot." Demi admitted.

"It's okay, it's my job but Nevaeh is a wonderful. I couldn't help but become attached. I really like you Demi." Joe confessed kissing her gently but pulled away before she could kiss him back, he knew she'd only distract him from his work but he wanted her here, he wanted to be here for when Nevaeh came out her operation. He had all faith in his brother that he would.

"I really like you too Joe, all I want is a guy that will treat Nevaeh right and I know you will." Demi spoke a small smile on her face.

"I'm that guy." Joe grinned leaning down kissing her again before pulling away Demi watching him leave biting her lip gently.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!