Sixty Five

Joe looked up from the floor when he heard his name being shouted seeing his father heading his way, Joe sobbed slightly when he hugged his father feeling him rub his back gently. Joe had stayed with Demi and their son the whole way to the hospital leaving his car behind picking it up from the garage when it was fixed. He had only seen a glance of Kai in the ambulance but he wanted to meet him with Demi when she woke up. If she woke up. He hadn't heard any news and it felt like it had been forever sat with just Kevin by his side when he heard from other staff members where he was, he had taken over Joe's shifts for the day.

"It will be okay; they'll both be fine." Paul assured his son pulling away from him, he was still taller but not by much.

"I-I just want to know what's going on with either of them." Joe admitted as his father sat him back down next to Kevin taking the only spare seat next to him so Joe was in the middle. He was leant forward in his chair his hands in his hair. He was relived Kai was at least breathing but they were running tests to why he wasn't crying when he was born. There might not be a reason why but most babies do cry when they are born, it shows everyone that there wasn't anything wrong.

"Have you met Kai yet?" Paul inquired Joe shaking his head.

"I wanted us to do it together but he's having tests done anyway," Joe answered. "The car was only seen to a couple of weeks ago so I don't understand what could have gone wrong."

"It might have been something they have done." Kevin suggested Joe sighing nodding his head knowing Kevin was right. He hoped it wasn't the case otherwise he'd be angry that they hadn't taken more care.

"Demetria Lovato." They soon heard a voice Joe standing up straight away making his way over to the doctor who had a clipboard in his hands.

"Is she okay?" Joe demanded to know the doctor nodding his head gently.

"There was a problem with the placenta when it was delivered and she lost too much blood, we have to do surgery but she'll be okay."

"Can I see her?" He questioned.

"Yes of course go ahead, room 205. When we have some news of your son someone will come to the room and let you both know." He smiled before wondering away Joe making his way back to his father and brothers, Nick had arrived when he got the news when he woke up that morning wanting to be there for his older brother.

"She's okay," Joe breathed. "I'm going to see her, are you coming?"

"You go, we'll stay here." Paul encouraged.

"Are you sure?" They all nodded their heads not wasting time leaving the room heading towards where he knew Demi's room would be. He knocked on the door gently before poking his head in relived when he saw Demi laid there with her eyes open.

"Joe." Demi breathed as he entered the room taking a seat on the chair next to her bed grabbing hold of her hand. He leaned over pecking her lips gently.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'd feel much better if I knew how he was." Demi admitted.

"Hopefully he'll be fine and we can go home within a couple of days and forget all about this." Demi nodded her head liking the sound of that.

"How are you feeling?" Demi asked looking over at him.

"Tired but nowhere near as tired as you must be."

"I'm not too bad, just groggy from the operation," Demi admitted smiling when he squeezed her hands. "I'm not sleeping until I know how our son is."

"Me neither." Joe decided leaning over kissing her temple gently.