extended summary

Smoke and Mirrors |
Book One of The Smoke Series

.....

synopsis:

Up and coming news reporter Scarlett Wilde knew she wanted to have a big impact with the industry she's dreamt about working in since childhood. Finding herself given minor stories to cover only made her thirst for becoming known bigger and her movitivation leading her to work harder for success. When an interview with one of Australia's biggest stars in Australian Rules Football, twenty one year old Marcus Bontempelli, the young woman jumps at the chance to make her mark as a well known journalist at the town's famous news agency. From the moment the interview is made public, the young woman becomes thrown in a fast paced lifestyle of football matches, obessive sporting fans and constant media scrunity as her life begins to change completely. Much to her surprise, Scarlett crosses paths with Marcus as she starts to strike up a relationship with him, slowly becoming introduced into the athlete's glamorous lifestyle.

Things are slowly beginning to fall into place for the journalist when a prestigious editor recruits her in a news team to help investigate illicit drug use within junior sporting clubs that sets in a motion of events that lead the team to exposing the biggest scandal of the year. As the team dive further in the evidence they have so far, they realise that the issue is bigger than what any of them could have imagined as each journalist is pushed to breaking point. Things start to become heated for Scarlett as the investigation has not only taken a toll on herself but her relationship with Marcus leading both of them to question what it is they both want in life.

As the journalist works on the investigation, just how much is she willing to sacrifice to achieive the career she's always wanted? Deceptive characters and sinister games played both on the field and off will taunt the young woman she learns to deal with the smoke and mirrors that surrond her.

.....

disclaimer:

Smoke and Mirrors is a complete work of fiction. Any upcoming names, characters, events or events are either from my imagination or used in a fictions manner. Any resemblance to any actual persons - living or dead - are purely coincidental. The content written is not meant to humiliate, offended or embarrass any celebrities casted within the story or any other person; reader discretion is advised. 

.....

warning:

  This story is likely to contain the following mature themes of coarse language/profanity, violence, death, crime, alcohol usage, sexual content/references, drug use/references, traumatic events, mention of gore, intense scenes and other strong themes. 

.....

cast:

{the names listed here are the main characters. more characters will be introduced later on as the storyline progresses}.

Ashleigh Brewer as Scarlett Wilde