[ 30 ]

a/n: the gif above is of charlotte matthews, played by the wonderful rebel wilson x

It had been almost a week since Marcus and I decided it would be best to take our relationship slowly seeing as the last month has been rather rocky. It had also been almost a week since Marcus invited me to whatever it was he'd been planning on Friday which was making me slightly nervous since that surprise was on tomorrow.

Sitting at the office workspace, I felt at ease chatting amongst the gang and Travis, as we all were finishing up our articles ready for publishing tomorrow. Correcting an article I had drafted about the recent AFL matches and statistics, I let out a smug smile as Kyle was bickering about last weeks match between Hawthorn and the Adelaide Crows.

"The umpires really stuffed up in the final quarter. If they watched the match properly than maybe the outcome would been better."

"What exactly are you on about Kyle?" I asked pretending like I wasn't listening.

"I'm just saying if the umpires took a closer look than the crows could have beat the hawks -"

"Maybe if Walker scored a goal instead of the point then the crows would have won."

"- Shut up Tyler, nobody asked for your opinion." Kyle muttered angrily as both Madeline and I laughed to ourselves. I continued correcting my article, making sure I had everything in the right order. Tyler and Kyle seemed to went over in the corner, probably arguing about Hawthorn and the Crows which was useless seeing as the match had already happened. I mean sure nobody wants Hawthorn to win - unless you're a supporter - but I'm pretty sure that the best team won at the end of the day, no matter how many conspiracies a non supporter can come up with.

"Hey Scarlett, I don't mean to pry in your business but how is that friend of yours going?" She asked as I looked over at her, a vibrant smile shone upon her face as I just looked down at the ground and smiled, immediately thinking about Marcus.

"Uh my friend, which one?" I asked as she looked at me like I was talking crazy.

"Uh that friend of yours who bought you those footy tickets? I'd be surprised if you two were still friends because he seems so sweet and I can tell he already brings out a bubbly side to you."

"Oh well thank you, but if I had to say so myself we aren't exactly friends Madeline. We, we met up the other day and decided that it would be best if we took things slowly. If things work out then we'd see if we're ready to be more public about our relationship." I said suddenly feeling a lot more happier than I was already feeling. Madeline opened her mouth up in shock as she looked at me. I could feel my cheeks beginning to warm up the more I spoke about Marcus or even thought about him.

"Well Scarlett, seems like this friend of yours has had an effect on you. Is he cute? Like I mean how is he? What does he do? Oh my god, I feel like I'm like your excited aunt Scarlett because this boy of yours is getting me really excited."

"Yeah, yeah he's quite attractive, like really attractive. He's also charismatic and has a really nice smile. He's a very busy man always scoring goals and achieving his dreams. He's also a busy man because he also seems to be stealing my heart each time I'm with him."

"Damn, this guy sounds real smooth and real lucky, because he's dating such an amazing woman like you." Madeline added as I smiled and nodded my head, thanking her.

"He is pretty smooth, isn't he?"

"What's his name?"

"Marcus." I added, my smile becoming more bigger as I kept imagining him smiling back at me as if he was in the room right now, in front of me.