[ 34 ]

"What did you do?" Kyle blastered in the room with his irritating high pitched voice as I rolled my eyes for about the hundredth time again today.

"What are you on about Kyle?" I asked still thinking about what happened with Marcus and Derrick. Neither of us could tell that he was gonna cause a scene against my boss and whilst I knew that as a boss he deserved to get everything he got, I was more worried for how this was going to affect Marcus. It would be absolutely horrible for a rising star to get in trouble only after he begun to start getting involved with me. For all I could care was that Derrick could fire me. Fire me, I'd be fine. Go back to university, do more work experience in a completely different field, I'd do whatever I could to survive.

But for Marcus it was completely different story. He's spent years practicing and perfecting his skills enough to get drafted. If I were to do anything to jeprodiase his chances of success, I would be absolutely broken. I stared out the window, anxious about how the day was bound to go after what had happened.

"Derrick's really pissed and I assumed it had something to do with you of course." He answered with a smug look upon his face, I snickered, shaking my head as I tried to hold back my laughter.

"No, I don't know what you're talking about. Derrick's always pissed, nothing I can do about that." I said as I grabbed the pile of letters off the table and begun looking through what I got.

Dear god. Bills, interview information and oh - yet another mysterious letter, which I'm assuming is from this nortioious professor X. I rolled my eyes and tossed the other letters on my desk, still holding onto the mysterious letter as I opened it and read it's contents.

Dear Scarlett. Sorry for keeping you in suspense but I promise you are going to find out who I am sooner than you think. Keep an eye out for the next week where you finally get to find out who I am, what the revolution is and who the other four wonderful people are that will help you achieve this revolution. - Professor X.

My mind went blank for a moment as I tried to gather my thoughts and logically put together the message of this letter in my head. The best I could come up with was that I was going to meet whoever this Professor X is but whether that was going to be a good thing or a bad thing was something I wasn't going to know just yet. Continuing to process my frazzled thoughts when Kyle crept up from behind me.

"Scarlett." He squealed as I jumped, accidentally dropping the letter I held onto the ground. Kyle folded his arms and laughed, rolling his eyes.

"Damn, you really are gullible Wilde." He stated as I noticed his eyes trailing onto the letter that laid still on the tiled ground.

"Don't touch that!" I blurted out when I could feel my cheeks burning up.

"Ooh, is this a letter from another guy Scarlett? Well then, let me take a look at your Prince Charming." He said mockingly as he made his way to the letter. Without hesitation, I leapt towards the letter as was quicker than me, grabbing the letter and putting it away from me smirking.

"So there is a guy, isn't it? Oh my god, Derrick is going to be even more unhappier when he finds out you're -" Kyle paused, his eyes glued to the letter but his face had a confused expression worn upon his face.

"Just give that letter back Kyle." I pleaded with him, the feeling of defeat could be heard in my voice as he turned his attention on me. Kyle looked over with a look their could be interrupted as disgust or pity - right now it was hard to tell as I done my best to avoid eye contact with me.

"Revolution? Is that some kinky shit that your new man digs? Oh god, don't tell me you're dating a sex addict or one of those type of guys you see on a homicide documentary!" He asked. I was taken a back by his rather obscure comment - a sex addict, really? - I sighed and let out a chuckle, facepalming myself.