[ 79 ]

It had been a couple of days since it was revealed that Michael and Derrick were to be blamed for the article that ruined the reputation of many of the players at the Bulldogs. It had also been a couple of days since I had spoken to Marcus and of course, it didn't go the way I hoped it would have gone. After being victim to Marcus' outburst that afternoon at training, I had been to see Caleb who was still dealing with the minor injuries he coped after being pinned against the wall. On his back was quite a few marks and grazes that he assured me would soon pass within several weeks. As much as Caleb tried to tell me all was good, I couldn't help but feel guilty that I was the reason why he had gotten such injuries in the first place.

Luke Beverage, the coach of the Bulldogs had put on a press conference assuring the fans and the public about who was to actually be blamed for the article although I don't believe he had previously spoken about it to me as he probably just shrugged it off and continued to focus on football which is what everybody should have done in the first place. It was nice to hear that the coach had no hard feelings against me and that we were still on good terms after everything that happened.

A lot of the boys who had verbally attacked me in the earlier stages of this scandal had apologised to me and sweetly, kept calling me to see if I was doing okay. Everybody except for Michael of course. I hardly heard much from him since he got exposed as being one of the people involved in writing the article. Thankfully for all of us, Michael had been on several non - Melbourne clubs raiders as they were on the lookout for new players for next season. I honestly didn't care if West Coast or GWS offered him a contract, as long as he was out of Melbourne and away from all our lives that would be the best gift we could have gotten all year.

My mind kept swirling back to last night texts I had gotten from Marcus that made my decision of whether I wanted to get back together with him even more difficult. I sighed reading them off my phone screen, feeling conflicted whether if it was worth giving our relationship a second chance or if it was better to start a fresh.

Marcus: Over the last few months without you, I admit that I was angry but I felt like I was missing an important piece of my life without you being there by my side 

Marcus: Please don't give us up Scarlett, I was such an idiot to believe that things would be better off without you being in my life, I miss you babe :(

Marcus: Don't forget about what we shared and all these beautiful times we shared. I need you and can't imagine my life without you. I still you Scarlett and scared if I lose you for good 

"So I take it you haven't made your decision yet on Marcus?" Charlotte asked me as I shot my head upwards and stared at her confused. After discovering it was Derrick that was the main person who was involved in the article, Charlotte asked me to meet her at her office at the headquarters of The Melbourne Autograph. I felt reluctant of going back to the place I was fired from but felt reassured when she told me that he was at a meeting for the agency. Wow, it's nice to know an asshole like Derrick was still working at a place The Autograph.

"What?" I asked nervously, hiding away the texts from Marcus away from her. She sighed and sat down next to me, turning her attention onto me.

"I know that you're still struggling with your relationship with Marcus."

"It's not that hard to see that I'm struggling." I added with a sad sigh. Charlotte frowned her lips and place her hand softly on my back.