Chapter 16

"You made me give up my day why?" I asked. Reagan and I were walking down the hallways.

"Because I need someone to paint this banner to let everyone know that homecoming is selling tickets and I need you to hang it in the main entrance." She answered. I threw my head back and groaned in annoyance.

"Why can't you do it!" I whined. She stopped in her tracks and gazed at me like I was an idiot.

"I have a budget meeting for the homecoming, I have to go and meet the yearbook club to take pictures for the homecoming nominees, I have to look at samples for the table cloths I can't decide if I want a cream white or a eggshell white, I need to drop off the flower arrangement order for True white roses and Sun shower hydrangeas-" She stole a few steps towards me. I took multiple steps back. "Because they got it wrong the last two times because they don't know the difference French vanilla and Sun shower yellow, I have to pick out a new dress because it's not the right type of silver-" She kept walking towards me and soon my back was against a wall. "Then I need to hunt down a date, I have to order the appetizers the list goes on and on Kendall! Need I complete list in alphabetical order!?" She snapped. Oh my god the woman has cracked.

I stood there with wide eyes laced in fear. Mostly for her mental sanity.

Reagan's completely frazzled.

"Okay..I'll do it." I nodded. Reagan grinned from ear to ear. She from crazy to sedate in two seconds flat.

"Thanks Ken! Everything you need is in the main hallway and it should say 'Go get your ticket for a night to remember!' " She squealed. "I gotta go I need to go to that budget meeting. Thank you! Love you! Bye!" She walked away quickly leaving me in the middle of the hallway alone. I groaned and made my way to the main entrance.

I eventually got to the main entrance hallway and saw all the supplies already out for me. I kneel down and start thinking of ways to make the banner look cool. Then I came up with something in an instant. I was thinking about writing out the letters first then paint the banner all black around the letters. Then put white and gold paint on the stars.

I was going to write it in all cursive. Then I was going to draw out stars that was painted with gold and silver. So I got to work right away and began drawing out the letters ever so carefully. I unlatched the paint can and began swirling it around slowly.

I let the paint meet the paper and begin to stroke lightly against the smooth surface. I maneuvered the paint brush to avoid touching the fancy letters. I painted a little over half of the banner. Callie texted me said that Mia, Reagan and her are coming to check the banner. I stand up and take a few steps back to take a look. It didn't look that bad. "Hello, Gorgeous." I heard a voice and someone wrap their arms around my waist. I let out a mini scream I turn around and Adam was wearing a smirk even with his bruised lip. Which he was wearing pretty nicely.

"Don't do that!" I smacked his arm.

He laughed at me openly. "Easy.." He grinned. I flashed him a glare before looking over at my banner. I tilted my head a bit and gave it a once over.
"What are doing here after school?" He asked.

"I'm making a banner for homecoming," I grumbled a bit. It felt like was made to do a chore.

"I thought you hated homecoming," Adam reminded me with a raised brow.

"I do. I'm helping Reagan with this damn banner because she's busy." I elaborated. "You going?"

"Maybe after the bet I'll probably pick up a few girls," He shrugged boredly.

I rolled my eyes deeply.
God he is so arrogant.

"Why are you here?" I got back on my knees and began mixing some of paint slowly.