23: Hold Me Down

It was the forth of July and Trevor had bought illegal fireworks

It was the forth of July and Trevor had bought illegal fireworks. We went over the hill and to the abandoned area by the Alamo Sea to set them off. I had carried a blanket while he carried the fireworks and a box of beer.

Patricia said she'd rather stay in since she'd have the trailer to herself for awhile. Michael was once again no where to be found.

I had worn sweatpants and a black bikini top with my hair up in a messy bun as I normally did and Trevor wore a yellow and maroon-ish colored t shirt with jeans and boots. The flip flops I was wearing were noisy as they slapped against my heel while I walked.

I sat on the blanket facing the sun that was going down soon and Trevor stood between it and me. He was a couple feet away and he started doing weird shit. Like holding his hands above his head and rubbing his thumb and pointer finger together and acting like he was grabbing something. Then I realized he was staring at my chest.
I looked down and saw the shadow from his hands right on my boobs.

"Seriously Trevor." I rolled my eyes.

He laughed. "Not better than the real thing though sweets." He said. I rolled my eyes again.

***

After awhile of laying together waiting for the sun to go down, Trevor finally decided to light one up

After awhile of laying together waiting for the sun to go down, Trevor finally decided to light one up. We didn't have rickety little ones that last two seconds, we had the big shit.

I sat there with my arms resting on me knees and a beer in my hands and watched Trevor light fireworks with a huge smile like a little boy on Christmas.

Trevor and I set off random ones and then fell back into each other's arms to laugh and smile and watch it explode in the air.

For the last one, I sat back on the blanket slightly drunk and watched Trevor set it off. He jogged back to me as it shot up into the air and exploded.
All the colors came together like a rainbow. A circular rainbow.

"Like a rainbow," Trevor said, echoing my thoughts.

"That's just what I was thinking." I said.