14: Crazy = Genius

"I wish I was back in LS

"I wish I was back in LS." I said solemnly while staring into space.

"What's wrong with you now, Princess?" Trevor asked as he was looking through his closet. I sat criss cross on his bed which I was currently using while we stayed here.

Patricia got the couch, Michael, hell I don't even know where Michael is half the time. Patricia is always outside attending to her makeshift garden outside or inside cleaning.

"Math, this time." I'd probably complained about hating my life at least ten times today. I had my notebook and worksheets from math class sprawled across Trevor's bed.

Trevor sat on the bed next to me and looked down at my paper. I'd only done one problem and it was done wrong.

"Trevor to be honest, I don't think you can help me with this." I said. Meth heads aren't really the first person I'd go to for help in algebra.

"Just trust me. I actually did good in math. What is this?" He gestured my notes.

"Pythagorean theorem." I sighed and laid back on the bed with my knees bent and my hands on my stomach.

Trevor took my notebook in his hands and read over what I had written in class. "Give me your pencil." He demanded with his hand out. I put my pink mechanical pencil in his hand and he grabbed my paper. "Sit up."

I groaned as I pushed back up to my criss cross position. "Trevor can't we do something else?" I whined. "I hate math, I can't do this."

"Shut up," then he gestured the paper with the pencil. "The formula is a squared plus b squared equals c squared." He wrote it on the top of my work sheet.

"Are you even speaking English?" I replied sarcastically.

He gently slapped my thigh. "Pay attention." He said.

"Put the numbers that you already know in parentheses and square them. You have to figure out the unknown side." He began writing out the second problem.

I used my phone as a calculator to square the numbers like Trevor said. He handed me the pencil and I wrote down the next section of the problem. "See, you can do it."

"Well thanks Trevor. You're such a genius." I said sarcastically. "A crazy genius. Like that Panic! At The Disco song." I said.

"Panic at the what?"

"Disco. It's a band. And their song Crazy = Genius is your theme." I said.