53: Uptown Girl

I'd like to thank folieapatrick for giving me inspiration to finish this chapter 💖 LOVE YOU

9 months later

I held Trevor's hand as we laid in bed together. It was dark outside and most people were out drinking and partying. Not us. My phone laid beside, shuffling on music. I heard Uptown Girl by Billy Joel start. Trevor started softly humming the song and made me smiled against his bare skin.

"You know this song is us," he said.

"How so?"

"You're the uptown girl, I'm the downtown guy." He said and I giggled.
"She'll say I'm not so tough just because I'm in love with an uptown girl. I'm gonna try for an uptown girl
She's been living in her white bread world. As long as anyone with hot blood can. And now she's looking for a downtown man. That's what I am." Trevor sang in a tired voice and made me smile.

"I guess we are." I agreed.

"I remember when this song came out. I was in high school." He said.

"Really?" I asked. "1983?" He nodded.

"She's my uptown girl." He belted out loudly and pulled me against him tightly making me laugh even louder.

"What's the time?" I ask. He reaches over and grabs his phone.

"It's almost three." He mumbles.

I push myself out of bed. "Alright, I gotta go. Concert outfit fitting then an interview after." I say while slipping into my flip flops and sunglasses.

"Of course," he groans and rolls over.

***

After I'm fitted for my scandalous outfits for shows, I head to the stage where I will be interviewed to promote my new albums.

The interview went as normal, of course I was asked about the album, other projects, and the new movie Crossroads.

One thing that made me guilty smile was when I was asked "A few years ago you said people should stay a virgin until they get married."

"Oops," I say in a devious voice and the crowd laughs

"Oops," I say in a devious voice and the crowd laughs. Then it occurred to me Evan watches everything I do, so this might be a bit upsetting for him. But I brush it off and finish the interview.

"How old are you now?"

"I'm nineteen," I reply.