25: Classic Hipster Denial

Michael and I walked into Trevor's meth lab together and saw Trevor in the corner taking a piss. He zipped up his jeans and turned around.

"Whoa, nice place you got here." Michael said gesturing the busted couches and ripped wallpaper and the stuff to make meth with splayed out.

"Oh yeah, it's easy to mock, isn't it huh?  Cheap and fucking easy. But err this, this is my place." They met each other in a broken doorway. "And my work payed for my place." 

"Alright relax I was just being sarcastic." Michael said.

"Yeah well don't because the world doesn't need anymore sarcasm, it's the blight of the age."

"Yeah I get the point." Michael walked past Trevor. Trevor looked down at me and sent a small grin.

"You? You don't get the point. You're like every other asshole. You made a bit of money, and you became a turd."

"Got news for ya, I was always a turd." Michael said.

"No! You weren't man, you were something! But now man, yeah, you're like this place you're a shell."

"Go fuck yourself. Are you some kind of pure, morally justifiable asshole? What because you're totally psychotic, somehow it's okay?" Michael raised his voice.

"I'm honest, alright? You're the hypocrite." I stepped away from the two of them and leaned against the wall with my arms crossed. Why am I even here?

"Oh yeah you're a fucking hero. So far above it all."

"Oh, yeah? Well I'm not above ripping open your fucking chest to see what's replaced your heart!" Trevor yelled and pointed a finger at Michael. Michael threw his arms out. "Rip it open, see what's there baby, cause I'm ready!" They backed away from each other.

"Hello?" A voice called. I saw Steve Haines followed by Dave Norton. Wonderful. Now it's a party.

"Whoa, ladies, ladies, what's up?" He smirked as he stepped in

"Fuck off!" Trevor yelled at him. I felt bad, Trevor doesn't deserve this bull shit.

"Listen." Dave commanded. "I'm sorry, but we've got a problem. Government funding thing. We need you to...investigate, a research lab upstate."

"It's about terrorism. The big one. Nerve gas. Biological terror." Steve said.

"Thank God I don't pay tax." Trevor leaned back on a table.

"Now listen, you'll need some fairly standard gear. Boat, tandem rotor heavy lift helicopter, truck, weapons. You'll have to source all of that." Dave said while counting the items off on his fingers. Michael chuckled and leaned on another table.

"Chopper alone will set you back a couple mil." Dave added. "Why don't you dig into the American Dream's funds here." He gives me a dirty look. Is he really still upset with me because our shows were competing? I roll my eyes.