36: My Prerogative

The next morning I woke up at noon. Sunlight streamed in through the windows and the air was cool.

I had my back to Trevor's chest as I laid on my side. I yawned and stretched a bit. I rubbed my temple because my head was killing me. Hungover probably.

What do I have on the agenda today?

I leaned over Trevor's chest and grabbed my phone on the nightstand and looked at Marina's text.

10am - studio

3 - "Oops!"

"Aw shit." I mumbled to myself.

"What?" Trevor asked sleepily. I looked down at him and saw he still had his eyes closed.

"I got to record and a music video." I said and laid back down with my phone in hand.

"I know," he then opened his eyes. "You told me yesterday. I'm going with you."

"What? Why?"

"You asked me to." He reached over and tucked my stringy blonde hair behind my ear. "Your hair changed a lot. It's not the soft dirty blonde you used to have."

"Yeah well...gotta keep up appearances I guess." I said off the top of my head. He chuckled and closed his eyes. "But Trevor, what if someone sees us? And connects the dots? This is kind of crazy, Trevor."

"But has that ever stopped you?"

He had a point. "Okay, you win. What do I say when they ask about you, though?"

"I'm your bodyguard." He suggested.

"Why hadn't I thought of that?" I said. "Whatever, I gotta get ready."

***

After I recorded music for the album, we went to a sound stage to film the music video for Oops! I Did It Again. It was a concert on Mars basically.

No one questioned Trevor, just glanced nervously and looked away

No one questioned Trevor, just glanced nervously and looked away. Trevor definitely was intimidating them even when he stood leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

For a behind the scenes video, someone shoved a camera in my face that wasn't for the purpose of the music video. "Those guys over there are really hot." I say jokingly. "I kinda wish I was dancing for them instead."

While dancing, a studio light came down and crashed into my head, leaving a gash. "Ow," I'd fallen onto my butt in the red body suit. Trevor rushed over and helped me up.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I," I saw my hand and it was covered in blood. "Shit."