42: 10 Years

Show me your love before the world catches on

"Baby, we just gotta do this job okay? Then we're done with Devin Weston and that whole fucking car thing." Trevor said as I complained about being dragged along on a trip while I was hungry. I groaned and crossed my arms. It was my only day off from filming, recording and playing shows and I was exhausted. Shows were coming to an end soon and I wouldn't have to play every venue in Los Santos.

Then Trevor's phone rang.

"Lamar Davis, wassup?" He said. "Team? I don't do teams."

I started to bite my nails. "Oh oh yeah that one." Trevor continued as he talked to 'Lamar'. "Alright buddy, fine. That's a long trip. I already got the packer." Trevor said.

After another ten minutes of waiting, I saw a yellow car pull into the back of the huge truck with multiple cars we were seated in. They looked as expensive as my entire bank account.

Trevor got out of the truck. "Boss man's happy, then we'll get moving!" He called to Franklin and another guy I saw in the rear view mirror.

"Man this old buster ass ninja ain't no boss." I heard faintly from an unfamiliar voice.

Trevor climbed back into the truck as did Franklin and the other guy. We were all tightly packed together in here and it was a bit uncomfortable.

"Let's get trucking. Paleto Bay. Senora Freeway." Lamar said.

"Hi Franklin." I said. His friend was eyeing me up and down. He was good looking himself.

"Hey Lana, good to see you." He said. I smiled at him and looked back over at Trevor. "But uh, why are you here?"

"I'm just uh," I pointed my thumb at Trevor. "Spending the day with this goofball while Michael is gone."

I played with the radio and put on the pop station. To my luck, Oops! was playing. But also lucky, Lamar started talking. "Eh, it's ahh, cozy in here." He said.

"Scooch up homie." Franklin said.

"Yeah. Scooch over here." Trevor said amusingly.

"Scooch near that crazy dude? Oh hell no, that ninja stink." Lamar said. I tried to hide my laugh and put my hand over my mouth.

"Get over here I don't bite."

"That ain't what I heard, all cannibalistic and shit."

"Frank, what have you been telling him?"

"I say what I see homie. You dig on man meat." Franklin replied. I pushed that image out of my mind.

"Rumor and hearsay. We got a long way to go, I'd get comfortable." Trevor said. I groaned and slouched down and crossed my arms over my chest.