30: Invade My Life

I sitting next to Michael on my phone scrolling through LifeInvader and saw an article with Evan's face plastered on the front and I felt like a stab in the heart.

I completely skipped the article and searched him up. I was shocked when I saw all these photos of girls in bikinis and underwear and him taking shots and smoking.

"I got my heart broken and filled it with girls I didn't love." the title said. Just keep kicking me.

I closed my phone and sighed.

"Hey uh, Mich - dad," I asked while sitting on the couch with Michael as he smoked a cigar and watched one of his old films.

"Uh huh?"

"Um," I searched for anything to say. "So I'm excited to play shows."

"Mhm," Michael was zoned in on the TV. I angrily rolled my eyes and got up, leaving him alone.

Later that night, Trevor and I laying in the bed of his truck at three am up in Vinewood Hills. Michael passed out drunk again so Trevor and I decided to go out.

"My dad controls whoever I am, yet he doesn't listen to me ever." I vented. "He made me get the new iFruit phone because they wanted me as an advertisement. He forced me to do a fucking commercial."

"That sucks. You're eighteen, you can leave. You can come anywhere with me." He said and held me against him. I set the notebook and pen down on his chest and wrapped my arm around him.

"I know. But I'm afraid to" I said quietly.

"Enough about me though. I wish I could be like you," I said while staring up at the stars twinkling in the night sky. "So care free. Not worrying where you'll be waking up the next day, or who you'll be waking up with. You're...incredible Trevor. I can only dream of being like you."

I guess he didn't know how to react. He sat there for a minute and I was worried I might have weirded him out.

Then he kissed the top of my head. "That might be just the nicest thing anyone has said to me. Ever. You know what, I'm in love with you. For real. More than anyone I've ever met." He said casually. Like it was easy to proclaim your love for somebody.

Then he took a deep breath. "I never thought anyone could love me. I mean... I'm me."

"No you're not." I said. "Well yeah, you're you, but I love you."

"Comforting." Trevor chuckled and ran his hand through my hair. After another half hour of laying together I got pretty tired.

"I have to go play a show. I can't do it if I'm half asleep." I said, almost half asleep.

Trevor pulled my harder against him. "I don't want you to." He whined.

"Gotta, darling."

"Do you need a ride to the venue tomorrow?" He asked.

"If you want. Michael's gone at the movie studio all day." I said as I sat up.

"Then I will." Trevor replied.

Driving down Vinewood Boulevard, the bars were letting out and the street was alive with neon colors.

My eyes landed on a guy dressed as a zombie, acting seriously weird. "That's what I'm gonna look like if I don't get to bed soon." I pointed to the guy and Trevor laughed.

"That's what Michael looks like."

Edited 6/22/17