65: Mrs. Extra! Extra! This Just In!

"Everytime I try to fly, I fall without my wings

"Everytime I try to fly, I fall without my wings. I feel so small." I was sitting on the floor of the living room right up against the table writing in my song notebook. Michael sat behind me on the couch. Flipping through stations.

"Weazel News! Security tapes from the Vanilla Unicorn," I perked up. "were found after the manager was claimed dead. After searching through the office tapes containing footage of star Alana De Santa dancing for the new manager himself were discovered dated back to 7 months ago."

"Amanda get in here!" Michael shouted. Amanda came into the living room from the kitchen and focused on the TV. She'd been cooking dinner as it was around sundown. Maybe 6 pm. I didn't really keep track of time.

"She danced to a pop song regularly  played for the unnamed manager, showing off her sexy moves. Take a look."

I watched the screen as a black and white video played. I could see snippets of myself dancing for Trevor. I felt like i could shrink down into the floor as my family watched my dancing.

"I'm gonna throw the fuck up." Michael said, sounding like it was through gritted teeth.

"Oh my God." Amanda said quietly. Tears began to fall from my eyes as I watched along with them. Not just from missing that moment - but also from my family witnessing this. Something that was never at all any of their business. I could sue Weazel news for putting up private content without my permission right?

When the video was over, the female reporter was back on. "Shocking, right? More on the star's meltdown after this break."

"Go.. to. your... room." His sentence was broken due to anger and tensing muscles. I didn't say anything. I rose to my feet and grabbed my notebook and was out of there. You'd never have to tell me twice to leave Michael De Santa's presence.

In my room, I sobbed in my room with my face buried in my pillow. I felt to vulnerable. So exposed. I switched my TV on and switched to the channel to see what other dirt they had on me.

"The star, age 20, was recently seen sitting on the curb outside Singletons, a bar in Downtown Vinewood. She recently dyed her hair brown and has been seen out with multiple people late at night." I frowned and grabbed my phone I'd set on my bedside table.

"Madi? I need to go out again tonight. Please."

"Say no more." I could almost hear her smile.

After my family was asleep, Madi had picked me up and taken me back to her hotel room in downtown Vinewood where several other friends were. I could've invited Evan, but I feel he would've just forced me to come home.

We all had on blonde bobbed wigs and black hats with matching black over coats.

"It's okay, they won't know who is who. Calm down." She rubbed my back. I nodded and wiped tears away.