8: Threes Company

I may come off shy, but I feel like talking; feel like dancing when I see this guy

"Why are we here? I thought we were going to Bean Machine?" I asked Michael while leaning against the window to stare up at the FIB building downtown

"Meeting a friend. You just stay behind me and keep your mouth shut, okay?" He demanded at first, then he added a sly grin as if to save himself. "Okay?" I said. I unplugged my phone and plugged my headphones in.

We both got out of the car and I put one headphone in. "Can we watch an old movie later?" I asked Michael as we walked side by side towards the building.

"I guess." He replied. I bit my lip and looked down at the concrete as we walked. So much for a conversation. At least he got me out of going to yoga.

We approached three men sitting at a table under an umbrella together. One of them I recognized from the other day when he barged into our house.

"Hey Michael." He said.

"Davey." Michael replied. "Well isn't this nice? You didn't tell me we were double dating. Sorry guys. This hunk of love is all mine." He said sarcastically. I put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

The guy with orange toned hair who was leaning on his fist laughed. He looked oddly familiar. "Steve Haines amigo. But you probably already know that."

"Sorry your name tag must have fallen off." Michael said.

"Oh-ho owned!" Steve exclaimed. "I gotta remember to write that down." Then I looked down and pretended to be distracted by my nails. "And to shoot you in the head you annoying dick." I looked back up at him.

"Andre, taking notes?" Steve asked the Mexican guy sitting next to him. "This stuff - whoa-ho. Pure magic. They should put it on my show."

Ah that's right, I've seen his show a few times. It's really boring.

"You seen my show? Either of you?" I smiled and nodded all fake.

"It's wonderful." I lied. He grinned at me.

"Well thank you. I take pride in it."

"She's a great liar," he threw me under the bus and the smile dropped from my face. "I think you mean 'How To Dress Like A Car Salesmen at a Cheap Golf Weekend at a Third Rate Country Club.'?" Michael asked.

Steve laughed again. "So," Dave started. He gestured for Michael to sit in the empty seat. Michael slowly sat down. Well I'm glad I get blessed with standing. "Good work with our... friend Mr. K."