61: Sunrise

dedicated to folieapatrick - glad you're feeling better, 💖 you!

Written with laurentheauthoress

***

The sunrise insists on gladnessBut how can I be glad now my flower is deadOh, sun, I see you happyYou made the morning dewNow you're showing me the truthI don't want to believe you

But how can I be glad now my flower is dead
Oh, sun, I see you happy
You made the morning dew
Now you're showing me the truth
I don't want to believe you

The night has the power
To hold all your helplessness in
Heaven
The darkness is sadness
Hold to each other 'til tomorrow

The night has the powerTo hold all your helplessness inHeavenThe darkness is sadnessHold to each other 'til tomorrow

The white walls of the room blinded me as my eyes fluttered opened. I felt a pinching sensation in the bend of my elbow and I moved to touch it, but a hand grabbed my wrist.

"Hey." A voice  said, waking me from my daze. My eyes fluttered completely open and landed Evan holding onto my wrist.

"Evan," I moaned and tried to stretch but I felt a sharp pain. I looked at my elbow crease again and saw a needle planted in my skin and I cringed. I hate needles. I could barely stand it when I got a tattoo.

Where is Trevor?

Evan looked like he hadn't slept in a week and I felt like I'd been sleeping for a year. "I'm so glad you're awake." He said softly and pushed my hair behind me ear.

Then a nurse came in with a big smile. "Welcome back Alana." She said and sat in the circle swivel chair next to my bed.

"Oh, thanks." I said weakly. My heart rate monitor began to annoy me with its continuous beats. I wish it would stop.

"Well your vitals seem alright honey, you just got a couple stitches and a lot of bruising but you'll live," the nurse, who's name tag read Chris gave me a warm inviting smile. I couldn't help but to smile.