59: Pulled Apart At The Seams

(Photo above by whts-in-a-name)

He loves his drugs; he loves his baby too

***

Evan stayed the night at my house last night and I fell asleep in his arms. I thought it was gonna be a good day, but this morning when I woke up, I couldn't even mumble a single word. I open my mouth to talk but nothing would come out.

"Aw baby you're still sick?" Evan asked. Over the past few days I'd developed a cough. I nodded. "Perhaps a little too much..." He trailed off and made a fist next to his cheek and stuck his tongue against his opposite cheek and made a motion as if it was a blow job.

I rolled my eyes and playfully pushed his chest and caused him to laugh. "Or maybe not enough."

"Call them" I mouthed. Evan made a confused face and I rolled my eyes. I grabbed his phone and typed it in and had him read it.

"Who?"

"The venue". I had to cancel my show.

Evan sighed and dialed the number.
"Yeah hello this is Alana De Santa's agent, she's sick and making a rocky recovery. She's not gonna be there for a few days." Evan said as proper as he could. He glanced at me and rolled his eyes. I silently laughed as best as I could. I saw his eyebrows crease into a frown. "Excuse me, she's sick." He said angrily. I bit my nails as I watched Evan's angry expressions.

"Yes I'm her agent and I'm the one talking here! She's sick and she's not gonna be back for a whole week now." He yelled and hung up the phone.

"Alright, I got you out of going." He turned to me. I smiled with my nail between my teeth. Thank God, no concerts today. It's weird how a few months ago, it was 'thank god, no yoga today'. Things have changed for me.

"But darling I gotta go into the studio today." He says and strokes my hair and I frown. "Sorry baby."

Just as Evan was about to get up and shot up to a sitting position and wrapped my arms around his torso. The side of my face was pressed to his back. I even felt tears spring to my eyes. I just loved him so much and I don't understand why I'm so emotional.

"What?" He asked. He turned around in my grasp so now my face was to his chest.

I pulled back and wiped a year from my face. "Oh you're a cry baby." He said. I made a pouty face, crossed my arms and leaned back into the wall of pillows I had built up against the wall.
After a few more minutes of cuddling and almost falling back asleep, there was a knock on my door.

My eyes shot open. "Hey Alana, I'm going into the studio. I won't be back until later," it was Michael. "Bye baby I love you." He hadn't waited for me to respond. Not like I could anyway with my throat. We heard Michael's car driving away a minute later, we officially had the house to ourselves.

"I gotta go to, I've waited long enough," Evan stands and puts his jeans and t shirt back on. "I'll be here later with soup and medicine." He kisses my forehead and leaves.

It was a half hour later when I was woken by someone getting into bed with me. I opened my eyes and met Trevor's. I smiled and tried to talk but remembered I couldn't. I pointed to my mouth and shook my head.

"Sick?" He asked, I nodded. I pushed him onto his back. Trevor smirked up at me as I straddled him and smiled innocently. I was only in a pair of white under wear and a bare chest. Trevor instantly reached up and cupped my chest.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered. I blushed and grabbed his wrists. He moved one hand and put his fingers in my mouth. They brushed my lips on the way in. His fingers were salty on my tongue as I sucked eagerly. I guess he didn't care about getting sick if I was contagious.

"Your neck," he mumbled. He rubbed his nose against my sensitive skin. I winced when he pressed his finger gently into it. "What's wrong?" I whispered, my voice hoarse. I didn't wait for an answer. I reached over and grabbed my phone and opened up my camera and used it as a mirror. I could make out a black and blue scattered bruise. I sighed and set my phone down.

My eyes went back to Trevor's and I saw tears form. "It's okay." I whispered and he buried his face in my neck. His warm breath made my skin tingle.
I almost cried. I don't know why, but it made me emotional. I did a small sniffle and Trevor pulled back. He doesn't know he's about to lose me.

"Don't look so sad, baby." He said and brushed his thumb over my cheek. "We're getting married this weekend. Be happy." Ironic, as he wiped his own tears away. I was tired, falling asleep against Trevor's warm chest.

***

When I woke up, I tried to think of ways to tell Trevor, when I get my voice back of course. We laid in bed watching TV and occasional risky touching and I could never think of a way.

He leaned over grabbed his phone that was next to mine on the bedside table. My eyes landed on the "Alana" tattooed on his wrist. "It's seven o'clock." Trevor observed. Evan might come back soon. I raised an eyebrow in wonder why it mattered. "I gotta go meet Franklin for something, I'll call you when I'm done." He kissed the top of my head, answered my question.

"Why."

Trevor shrugged. "No idea." Then a smirk grew. "But when I get back, your face better be in the mattress and your ass in the air." I faked a smile and nodded. He sat on the edge of my bed and pulled his boots on, tying the shoe laces. He kisses me again, and I felt him smile. I didn't smile. I wanted to cry.

"I'll call you when we're done, okay?"

"You said that already."

He chuckled at my sass and kissed my forehead. "Bye."

"Bye."

With that, he got up and left my room. I heard his boots stomping down the stairs and then the door closing. I began to violently cough until I physically couldn't and laid out exhausted, and began to miss Trevor. Why is Franklin stealing him from me? Why is the studio stealing Evan from me?

 Why is Franklin stealing him from me? Why is the studio stealing Evan from me?

~~~

Edited 6/23/17