Chapter Sixteen.

Ella's POV

"It will be okay." Carter reassured me as we sat in the school parking lot.

"I'm going to be humiliated." I mumbled, slumping down farther in my seat.

"Come on, El. I'm right here, I promise I won't leave you." Carter told me.

"Yeah, until we go off to different classes." I said quietly. I was obviously not looking forward to walking into my high school. I know that Harry has probably told everyone and he will be laughing with all of them and I will be beyond embarrassed.

"Ella, we're going to be late if you don't come on." Carter said and I sighed.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I huffed, stepping out of the car with my bag, putting it over my shoulders and walking to Carter. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it as we walked from the parking lot.

As we passed the gates, I saw Harry in a blazer and skinny jeans out of the corner of my eyes, a cigarette hanging out of his mouth as his sunglasses shaded his eyes. He looked extremely attractive hut I kept my eyes off of him as I walked past. I was glad he didn't notice me as we walked in the school.

Walking into school, I expected stares and snickers from everyone. But, I didn't. No one noticed anything special about me and I was confused until I realized Harry probably hadn't told everyone...yet.

I hope he doesn't tell anyone but it was my fault that it slipped out of my mouth.

I was happy I had Carter with me in my first class so I wouldn't be alone when everyone realizes I fell for the bad boy that all the girls either swoon over, or are too scared of to notice.

--

The bell rang for lunch and I wasn't looking forward to it. Luckily, today had gone by smoothly so I'm guessing Harry was waiting to embarrass me in front of the school.

But, it never happened.

The entire lunch was spent with Carter, sitting at our normal table having a normal conversation just like our normal days.

So, as far as I knew, I was safe.

Until my last class.

Science with Harry will not be fun and I am scared because I have to sit next to him. Luckily, last night I stayed up late to finish our project by myself so I don't have to talk to him anymore. I planned on passing it to him in class along with the note I slipped inside it, so he could read it and make sure the project is okay.

--

Science came around and I got to class early so I wouldn't have to look at Harry when I walked in. I sat in my seat quietly, taking out the books I needed, since I never really used my locker because someone always gets in it and steals my stuff, sitting the books on my desk and waiting for class to start.

I heard the chair beside me creak as someone, well Harry, slumped in his seat. I didn't look his way, I didn't want to know what he thought about me anymore. He probably thought I was some creepy stalker girl that swoons over him and just tutors him so she can be near him.

Even though that's not true that is probably what he thinks.

"Alright, class. I am giving you today to work on your project. Next class you will turn it in to me and we will do more labs with your partner. Now please get working." Mrs. Cline said. I pulled the project folder out of my bag and slid it to Harry before sliding out of my seat to 'use the bathroom.' Mrs. Cline let me leave the room so I walked out of the classroom and went straight for the bathroom.