Chapter Forty-Four.

Ella's POV

My breath hitched in my throat and I stood there motionless, frozen, watching through the glass as he stood in the pouring rain, just watching me and waiting for me to move.

With shaky hands, I unlatched the window, sliding it up and leaning on the windowsill.

"Harry?" I said, wanting my voice to come out more loud and confident, but it was weak and small and fragile.

"You don't have to say anything," he was practically shouting, "Just...listen."

I stayed in silence, watching as he pulled his guitar up to his torso, holding it with two hands and beginning to play a few notes, before strumming an unknown tune.

And then, his mouth opened and he hummed for a minute, before he began to sing.

"So your friend's been telling me, you've been sleeping with my sweater, and that you can't stop missing me," the words slipped from his lips through his soothing voice.

"But my friend's been telling you, I'm not doing much better, 'cause I'm missing half of me,"

"And being here without you is like I'm waking up to,"

I stared at him in awe, his eyes glued to mine, tears rolling down my face just as they had been for the past month. "Only half a blue sky, kinda there but not quite, I'm walking around with just one shoe,
I'm half a heart without you,"

"I'm half a man at best, with half an arrow in my chest, I miss everything we do, I'm half a heart without you,"

I kept my eyes on him as he played, singing his heart out though I didn't even know he was into music like this, "Forget all we said that night, no it doesn't even matter, 'Cause we both got split in two, If you could spare an hour or so,
We'll go for lunch down by the river, we can really talk it through,"

"And being here without you is like I'm waking up to,"

I was now in a full out sob. I wiped my eyes with my fingers, though it didn't do much. "Only half a blue sky, kinda there but not quite, I'm walking around with just one shoe, I'm half a heart without you, I'm half a man at best, with half an arrow in my chest, 'cause I miss everything we do, I'm half a heart without you,"

The rain poured down on him as the words escaped his lips in a soothing, raspy voice. "Half a heart without you, I'm half a heart without you,"

He strummed the guitar with his fingers, never missing a beat. "Though I try to get you out of my head, the truth is I got lost without you, and since then I've been waking up to,"

"Only half a blue sky, kinda there but not quite, I'm walking around with just one shoe, I'm half a heart without you, I'm half a man at best, with half an arrow in my chest, I miss everything we do, I'm half a heart without you,"

"Without you, without you, half a heart without you, Without you, without you, I'm half a heart without you."

And as he finished those last words, his strumming became quieter until it stopped, his guitar falling to the ground but he didn't seem to care.

I didn't know what to say now. He had just poured his heart out to me in song and I was confused. I love him, I love him so much.

"Ella." he said, the rain pouring down on him and I was surprised he wasn't freezing like I was.

"I.." I trailed off, not knowing what to say to him and I just stared at him, his gaze remaining serious and sad as he watched me for any reaction but I tore my eyes away from him.