Chapter Thirty-Eight.

Harry's POV

I watched her as she sat in her seat beside me, fidgeting with her bag and pulling out her books. She pulled a piece of paper out and wrote her name in the top right hand corner, just as she did with every other paper.

If it was any other day, I would distract her from her note taking and she would giggle, slapping my wandering hand away. But not today. Today she was sad, hurt, and it killed me knowing that I had caused her pain. I had caused her to be unable to focus right now. Her page was still empty and she was more focused on not looking at me, rather than listening to the teacher.

I couldn't take my eyes off of her as we sat in class. Her simple outfit of jeans and a sweatshirt, her hair in a bun on the top of her head, I just wanted to take her hair down and let it cascade around her face, run my fingers through it and kiss her.

I was mesmerized by the beauty that reflected off of her, inside and out, but she didn't believe it. She didn't see anything in herself and I broke her even more than she was.

Calling her Aubrey was just uncalled for. Yes, she called me pathetic, but she tried so hard to apologize and I pushed her away then went and fucked another girl just because she wouldn't fuck me.

And now, thinking about it, I was being fucking ridiculous. I should have waited and made it special for her, instead of putting her under pressure like that.

As the bell rang, she stood up as quick as possible and rushed out of the classroom, tripping as she got outside in the crowd, and dropping the binder she didn't even want to take the time to put up because she wanted to get away from me.

I walked to her picking up the fallen papers, leaning down and picking them up silently before handing them to her.

We both stood up straight at the same time. I smiled when our eyes met, she immediately took them away, grasping onto her binder without a word spoken. She walked quickly and I turned to follow her, keeping a good distance so I could follow her home to make sure she's okay, even if I'm skipping detention but fuck it anyways. I never even go.

I furrowed my eyebrows as she was met with some dude at the end of the hallway.

Louis.

I quietly watched as they turned the corner instead of going outside like I expected them to. I followed and watched as Ella laughed at something Louis said, covering her mouth with her hand.

They kept walking until they reached the detention room, and he made a joke by holding his arms out so she could enter the room first. She played along, slightly nodding with a laugh before going in the classroom, Louis following close behind her.

I furrowed my eyebrows and decided to go to detention out of curiosity.

"Mr. Styles, you're actually here," the teacher, I didn't know her name, said as I slumped into the very back corner seat.

"And Aubriella?" The teacher looked at her, trying to speak again but I cut her off.

"It's Ella," I said in a harsh tone to her and she glared at me before speaking again.

"Ella," she corrected herself, "Why are you here? Carter? You too?" She said to the two in the front as Louis put his arm on Ella's chair and I cringed.

"I, um.." Ella couldn't find her words.

"We skipped class," Carter answered for her before turning back at me and glaring, then turning back around.

"Mr. Tomlinson, you are no surprise but I am surprised to see Harry here. He always skips," she said, looking at both of us.

"Okay, rules of detention: No eating, No sleeping, No talking. I'm not going to tell you to not have your phone out because I know you will anyways so it's pointless. You'll be in here until 4." She said and I took that as an opportunity to pull my phone out and text Ella.