Chapter Six.

Ella's POV

"Why did you even pick me up anyways?" I asked, crossing my arms as Harry drove to his house.

"Because it isn't safe." He answered, quickly glancing at me before putting his eyes back on the road.

"And you think I would rather be in the car with you?"

"Everyone wants to be in the car with me." He smirked, putting his hand on my thigh. I pushed it off and glared at him.

"Well, I'm not everyone." I said. "And, I'm not riding in the car with you anymore."

"And I'm not letting you walk home alone anymore." He stated. I was too exhausted to even try arguing again. I even fell asleep today in history class, I never do that.

Never.

By the time we reached Harry's house, my eyes were drooping and I felt like I was going to fall asleep anytime soon. I yawned rather loudly and Harry looked at me.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" He asked me.

"It's none of your business." I snapped. He looked at me questionably, and I turned away from him, thinking of the horrible things his mother said about me the day before.

"Ella, we can't hate each other forever if you're my tutor and my lab partner, you know." Harry said smoothly.

"I don't hate you." I said. He looked over at me with a confused expression on his face.

"What?"

"I don't hate you. I know I said I did, but I don't. I definitely don't like you," I said, though my crush for him was annoyingly growing. "But, I don't hate you. I hate your ego, and I hate how you don't care about anyone but yourself. You're a heartbreaking womanizer, and you'll probably always will be, but I don't hate you. I don't hate you because you know you can't have your way with me, even if I was good enough for a one night stand." I said bluntly as we walked into Harry's house.

"Ella-" Harry started once we sat down.

"No, I don't want to hear it, just, let's get to work." I said, ignoring the annoying butterflies fluttering in my stomach as our knees brushed on the couch.

--

When we were done working, I gathered up my stuff and was ready to leave.

"Wait." Harry said behind me.

"What?"

"We haven't hung out the week we've been working. You know, besides school related work." He said.

"Well, that's because we're not friends." I said with not even a hint of emotion in my voice.

"Well, why can't we be?" He asked.

"Because. You don't like me and I don't like you. We're both from the opposite crowds. And I wouldn't want your friends to find out you've had to work with me. You know, since all of your bimbos don't know a thing about me being here." I said. "Goodbye, Harry. I'll see you in the morning." I added before walking out of his door and leaving.  

Well, that was awkward.

*****************

Short chapter, Sorry.

Idk if anyone is reading this...