Chapter Forty-Two.

Ella's POV

*3 Weeks Later*

Space. That's what I wanted.

And that's what he gave me. He stayed as far away from as me as he could, his face blunt everyday I saw him walk down the halls. The only time we talked or communicated at all was in Science during lab partner work.

Other than that, nothing.

I still slept in his sweater every night, because it's the only way I could get to sleep. Pathetic? Maybe. But I don't care anymore.

I walked into school with a frown on my face, still not use to the fact that Carter won't be here, waiting for me, anymore. We skyped everyday this week, morning and night. They were weird hours, considering the time difference, but we didn't care. I missed him so much.

Louis still stayed by my side, helping me with everything and making sure I was okay at all times. And I loved him for that.

I smiled as he met me at my locker, giving me a small hug before walking me to my first class.

After sitting through boring hours of my first classes, I finally went to my locker and grabbed my gym uniform before heading to the big gymnasium and changing in the girl's locker room.

As soon as I cracked the door open, just a little bit, Claire and her minions had stopped me.

I rolled my eyes, letting go of the door handle and turning to her, giving the biggest-sarcastic-smile I could give.

"So, Harry's single, right?" She asked with a smirk, putting the tube in her bag and then starting to wrap her unnatural bleach blonde hair around her finger.

"He's single," I smiled, making sure I looked happy.

"What happened between you guys," she paused, "Oh wait, I remember him bragging about it at the lunch table. He said you weren't good enough for him so he screwed a prettier girl." She smirked, knowing how to push my buttons.

After my silence, she laughed. "I'm right, aren't I?"

I rolled my eyes and turned back around, ignoring the burning feeling in my chest as I saw Harry leaned against the corner wall. I turned away from him quickly and began running at the blow of the coach's whistle.

My eyes burned as I watched Claire walk over to Harry, who was obviously not doing the running today. She put her hands on his chest, smirking and he scrunched his nose as if he was disgusted and I laughed to myself. He grabbed her wrist and pushed her off of him before he began jogging.

He caught up with me quickly, slowing his pace to mine and looking at me with a smile.

But all I could see was Claire saying "not good enough" so I had to turn away.

I knew I wasn't good enough. I knew it.

"Ella?" Harry asked from beside me and I ignored him, picking up my pace even though I knew he was 20 times faster than me.

"Don't run away from me..." he mumbled, looking around the gym, keeping his eye on one thing as he spotted it. I looked to the direction of his eyes-Claire. She stood there, smirking though you could see the anger on her face at how he chose me over her.

"What did she say to you?" He asked me and when I didn't answer, he stopped running, grabbing my wrist and stopping me with him.

"Ella, please," he whispered, putting his hands on my face and rubbing my cheeks with the pad of his thumbs.

Tears started to well up in my eyes and Harry wiped them away as they fell, leaning in close to me. When our lips had barely brushed, I put my head down, shaking my head.