Chapter Thirty-Six.

Ella's POV

I stared into the vast space of my room, my breathing unsteady as uncontrollable sobs left my body. I couldn't be alone right now, to drown in my own tears, I needed someone here for me. To help me be strong. So I picked up my phone, dialing the number of the first person I thought of and he was here in a matter of 10 minutes.

"Thank you so much for coming, I didn't know who else to call," I sobbed into Louis' chest, holding onto his shirt.

"I'm glad to be here, darling. But why didn't you call Carter or Jake or your brother?" He questioned, rubbing his hand up and down my back in a soothing way.

"Because they all hate him and I'm not it worse. I can't right now," I said. Louis hummed in my ear the tune to an unfamiliar along but I listened anyway.

"Can you tell me what happened?" He asked with a smooth voice.

"H-he cheated," Was all the words that left my voice. The sight of the perfect girl and him in the same bed is now etched in my mind forever.

"Fuck him," Louis grumbled, keeping me in between his legs as he hugged me.

"Louis I'm not letting this get in between your friendship," I finally broke the silence and he chuckled humorlessly.

"Trust me, there were a lot more problems before this. You just gave me another reason to hate him." Louis confessed and I took my head off of his chest, watching as he pulled his phone out and dialed Harry's number, putting it on speaker as it rang.

"Hello?" Harry's voice came through the speaker.

"Fuck you, Harry," Louis said, standing up with the phone in his hand, pacing around the room.

"What?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," His anger was growing, his left hand going through his hair.

I stood up and grabbed his arm, pulling him down to sit down and laying my head on his shoulder, his arm going around me.

"What the fuck, Louis?" Harry said and continued talking, "I thought you were my friend."

"That's bullshit! You know we haven't been as close since I quit at Jay's." Louis said and I furrowed my eyebrows, Jay's...Bookstore? Or the same Jay that came to Harry's house that day with those men.

Louis saw my confusion and hung up, looking at me and wiping away the stray tears still rolling down my face.

"Does 'Jay' work at the bookstore too?" I questioned and Louis was now the confused one.

"Bookstore? No fucking way." He mumbled to himself, putting his other arm around me in comfort.

"Louis." I pushed him, begging for an explanation.

"I'm sorry, Ella, but it's not my secret to tell." He shrugged and I nodded. Harry had lied to me about his job, what else could he have been lying about?

You don't care, Ella.

...

You don't.

"Have you eaten today?" Louis asked me and I shook my head no.

"Come on, I'll take you to dinner," he offered a smile.

"I wouldn't ask of that-" I started to refuse but he cut me off.

"No. You must be hungry," he said and I nodded in agreement.

Louis pressed his thumbs to my cheek, wiping the tears under my eyes and I held onto his wrists.

"Alright, let's go," he smiled, taking my hands and pulling my off the bed and standing me up.