Trust Me

"Hello?" Piero answered as he stood by the cashier's counter. "Jos! Where in the world are you?" He shouted as he heard her voice on the phone.

"Um, I'm so sorry Piero. Gianluca is sick and he needs some attention." He heard her say this and looked at the phone number.

"Where are youcalling me from?"

"A public phone." She said but it heard as if she had turned around and talked far away.

"You said you're with Gianluca? I see." He last said before he hung up. He got angry and disappointed as he noticed she had dumped him.

*With Sofia*

She walked up to where Gianluca sat on a bench all sad. She took a seat next to him and tried to look down at his face. "Do you feel better?" She asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm alright. I just had difficulty breathing for a bit." Gianluca said in a monotone voice.

"Did you by any chance ate shrimp?" She asked.

He immediately turned around and looked at her. "You even remembered. Why didn't he?" He said and looked down again.

*Back with Piero*

He sat back down in the table and looked over to the chair where she had sat down. He looked over her phone too and put it up in his coat pockets.

Piero sighed and took the extra bag he had next to him. "I won't give her this today." He told himself and ordered the check.

*Back with Sofia*

It had been at least an hour of just sitting next to Gianluca and she was bored to death. She swung her feet and put her head back and looked up at the sky.

Gianluca sat up straight and said, "Hey, could you go back in the restaurant and get my phone?"

"Sure do." Sofia got up but didn't even take a step forward as she noticed she didn't know where she even was. "Um, what way was the restaurant at?"

"Why are you asking me? You followed me here." Gianluca looked up at her.

"I actually just followed you so I really don't know." Sofia said and scratched her head. She had never been to that side of the city so she really didn't know where to go.

Gianluca frowned and stood up as he looked around. "Where exactly are we anyways?"

Sofia now frowned too and tried to look for any familiar place. "I'm guessing that we can just walk any direction since we aren't that far off from the restaurant's location."

"Then go get it." He told her.

"I may be able to find the restaurant but I'm not sure if I'll be able to remember my way back here." Sofia said.

"Well we can't manage to get lost in a crowd like this." He said.

"You got here just fine so..." She stopped before she said anything else. Gianluca glared at her and she just closed her mouth. "Oh! Wait!" She reached down in the bag she had, and took out the disguises. "I've got something that would help us blend in."

Gianluca just looked down it the wig and the mask and frowned. "I'm not going to ask..." He took the mask off her hands and put it. She did the same with the wig and they began to walk.

"You know, Piero and I might have used this for when we went to the carnival today." Sofia said as they made a turn down the street.

"Wait, did Piero ask you to go to the carnival with him?" Gianluca asked and Sofia just nodded. "Why would he just do that?"