You Were So Close

Martina and Gianluca sat quietly in Gianluca's car. She had calmed down a bit after the breakdown she had. Gianluca looked out the window as Martina checked her social media. "I can't believe those kids took all these pictures and just uploaded them to the internet!" She whined.

"This is so embarrassing. I just want to die." She exaggerated.

"Well if you decide to die, those pictures will be the last ones to have been taken." Gianluca said as he now looked over her phone as he saw the pictures.

Martina turned off her phone and looked down at her hands. "Why would you do such thing to me?"

"Do I have to respond to that?" He answered.

"You do know that they also took pictures of you with me right?" Martina said. "People will sure suspect we are a couple or something. Yet you still helped me out."

"I know how it feels for people to see your most embarrassing pictures. Specially when you are vulnerable. That's why I went for you, and don't misinterpret this act of kindness. I actually felt bad for you and those true jerks." Gianluca said in a serious way.

"Thanks." Martina said in a low voice.

"When you're finished crying, let me know so I can call your manager to come and pick you up. I have to go somewhere important right now." Gianluca said.

"Um, okay. But could you get out the car so I can fix myself up?" Martina told Gianluca.

"Really?" He said with an unbelievable expression.

"Please?!" She said and he only grunted as he exit the car. Martina wiped away the blood off her nose and fixed her hair up in the rear mirror.

Just as she looked at herself in the mirror, Gianluca's phone began to ring. She looked down at it and then up at him, by then she had already taken the phone in her hands. "Jos?"

She looked at Gianluca's back and picked up. "Gian, it's Jos. I'm still waiting for you, at what time are you going to come? Gianluca?"

"Sorry but Gian is busy at the moment so he won't be able to go. So don't even bother on waiting for him." Martina answered and hung up.
Sofia stood by the sidewalk, surprised and taken back at how rude this person sounded. She then hung up and just stared at her phone then at the street around her. "He's with her isn't he?"

Gianluca looked at his watch and noticed it was very late. He walked around the car and opened the passenger's door. "You know what? Go wait on your car. I've never been this late before." He told Martina

She looked at him with an innocent face and said, "No. Please wait here with me until my manager comes. I don't want those crazy kids stalking me, plus I have no shoes on."

Gianluca didn't say much since she did have a point about being shoeless. He slammed the door close, and leaned against it as he check his watch and saw the time.

*At the studio*

Everyone was talking about the pictures on the internet of Martina and Gianluca being spotted together. Even Ignazio, whom was bored to death sitting on the floor with two other guys.

"It looks like Gianluca and Martina were running away together." Ignazio said as the other two guys were pointing at the pictures that were on the screen.

Piero was listening to everything Ignazio and the guys said from his spinning chair. He frowned as they had said that the pictures were just recently taken. "I thought Jos was with Gianluca." He asked himself. "Then, how is she going to get back?"