I'll Be Here

Sofia didn't know whether to cry or laugh, scream her lungs out of fear or it was just the adrenaline going through her veins. The wind blew hard on her face, even though she wore a protecting helmet. Her grip around his waist was enough to soffocate him but it didn't.

Ignazio drove her down the streets of New York on his motorcycle while Sofia rode in the back.

"Hi! Hello!" Ignazio shouted as they passed down the streets with people walking by. "You should say hi at least." He shouted over his shoulder.

Sofia's chin was placed over his shoulder but she truly didn't know what to feel at the moment. All the emotions she had in her, didn't quite go along with what she was doing. "Nazio, you sure know how to congratulate people... but I'm not feeling it." She said in a monotone voice.

"Oh come on! Jos, why aren't you even enjoying this fun ride? At least smile a bit to show you're having fun!" Ignazio said, not really questioning why she wasn't even smiling.

"Sorry Igna. But I'm not in the mood for motorcycle rides at the moment." Sofia apologized.

"In that case, you want to cry huh? I'll be sure you cry then." Ignazio said and speed up through the streets even more just to get to the destination where Jos would truly cry.

*At a restaurant, 20 minutes later*

"Ignazioooo!!! Aaaaahhhh!! I can't... I just.... I can't stop crying!!" Sofia cried her eyeballs out as she could barely talk. She took a sip of her water and kept eating her Mole Picante from the Mexican restaurant Ignazio had taken her.

"My God this is spicy! Woo!" Ignazio said as he too drank some of his beverage. "I knew this plate was spicy but not THIS spicy."

"Igna.... I think I've cried enough." Sofia said as she had to sniff up before eating another spoonful of Mole.

"I think I know... agh!... of a good place... to get this crying to stop." Ignazio said. "But first... agh!... let's finish this up and then pay." Sofia only nodded and they ate away.

After they finished their meal, Ignazio dragged Jos down the street to a local ice cream shop. "This gelato sure hits the spot." Ignazio said as he ate a scoop of his ice cream.

Sofia only nodded as she had placed a spoonful of her ice cream and let it melt in her tongue. "Man. I can't believe we actually finished the entire plate. I swear I think I ate my own buggers at some point." Sofia said.

Ignazio frowned and said, "Ew! That's so gross! But hey... now that I think about it... maybe I did too."

"Ew! I was just kidding." Sofia said and Ignazio busted out laughing. Sofia saw how hilarious he laughed, she only smirked.

"Oh Jos." Ignazio said and shook his head. "Okay. Since I've made you cry and tried to lift your spirits up a bit with some gelato I think it's time to make you laugh."