Chapter one

When everyone else reads this, I was 11 when I first wrote it and there is many errors, and holes in the story. I went back and did a lot of editing and fixing it. So if you read this years ago, and now are coming back to reread it, it isn't the same story that it once was. 

Also people think that a girl wrote this???? This is just something I've been dmed a lot, I'm a guy lol. 

Thank you for reading what I have written, a lot of you have been a fan since day one and I am thankful. 

Maddy's perspective

I was ready for it all. I am going to Hogwarts. We were at Kings Cross station. We as in my brother my mom and my dad. We got to the platforms 9 and 10, my mom nodded at me. I went first and took a straight run at the barrier. I got onto platform 9 and 3/4, it was huge. The train looked so beautiful and big. There was so many kids and parents, some animals too. James and I didn't have our own pets but we had the family owl if we needed it. 

"Come on, we have to get out of the way" My dad told us, my heart started racing, I was almost there. I got help putting my trunk on the train from some random older kid, and went back out to find my parents to saying good bye to James.

"Oh Maddy we well miss you ." Said my mom, she gives me a hug. My dad does the same and we stand there smiling. I knew it was going to be hard for them, going from having two kids in the house to having none. They already told us there were going to write to us as much as they could, they would keep us updated on anything that needed to be, and that they'd send us anything we wanted.

"I love you, we'll be back and we'll write to you" I tell them, my mom held back tears. A whistle blew, we gave one last hug to the both and we hopped on the train. I found an empty compartment with James, he was waving out the window, and I pulled out a book. I was hoping it was just going to be us two the whole trip but knowing that with this many kids it probably wasn't going to happen. 

"You are too shy for your own good." he tells me and I laugh a little bit, we were silent for about half an hour. Two other boys came in, my hope was diminished. As long as they weren't a probably we should be fine. 

"Hi my name is Sirius and this is Remus can we sit here?" I didn't say anything but James nods. They sit down and I don't say anything, James was staring out the window.

"who are you guys" asked one of the other boys, I believe he was Remus. I still didn't look up from my book, I didn't want to. 

"I am James and that is my nerdy sister Maddy. Don't worry about her, she is shy." James tells them. I was about to flip the page when the book was taken out of my hands.

"What the." I ask. I looked and saw Sirius had the book in his hands. "Oh come on I was reading." I complained. 

"On the first day? come on, and this is a textbook." He said laughing. I noticed how it was a bark like laugh.

"Just give me my book." I said. He laughed again. "What is so funny" I asked. He kind of rolled his eyes but didn't say anything snarky or rude. He looked me up and down like he was trying to size me up. 

"Nothing" he said throwing my book at me. I caught it with one hand. Remus just looked at me. Sirius looked at me with an amazed look on his face. "How did you do that." Sirius asked.

"Do what" I asked confused. "Catch that book it was in mid air and you caught it with one hand. How did you do it." He asked. I laughed.

"Ok so you think that is cool. I have been able to do that for years it is not that hard. I work hard and that makes it so I can find out the perfect angle to catch it by using math." I said. He still looked dumbstruck. "Basically I use math to find the perfect angle for catching it. I also use it when James wants to play quidditch with me." I laughed again. "So anyway how old are you guys?" I asked to change the subject. I realized what I said after I said it. 

"11 why all first years are 11" Sirius said. I tried not to blush, I truly didn't want to talk about it but I panicked. I didn't like talking about quidditch because of the time I fell off my broom and crash into our shed, I have scars all over from it. 

"No not all first years" James says without looking at me, that brought me back to reality and I looked at him. He was doing his 'I am innocent and did nothing wrong' face. It was annoying but most adults bought it. After all this time I still don't buy it. 

"James don't you dare." I warn, I knew what he was doing. It annoyed me that I knew what he was doing. But yet this was my fault for talking about it in the first place, I need to stop opening my mouth when I panic. 

"What if I do dare what if I tell them." he asked. I glared at him with everything that I had. 

"Then I will hit you with my book over you head." I replied holding up my copy of 'Chadwick Charms; Volume 1' he didn't even flinch. 

"Well ok. Maddy is nine years old." He blurted out the last part. And I hit him over the head with my book. 

Edited and rewritten 9/18/20