Chapter 30

Maddy's prospective

I was sitting next to the head stone. It was beginning to be autumn, leaves were yellow and orange, some shifting to the ground. I was alone and there was no noise other than the light breeze shuffling the leaves. 

"You remember how we walked here a couple of times? We spent a few hours reading the head stones, I still can't believe this is the place they buried you two." I say to no one. I was talking to the head stone but there was no other person there, no one with a beating heart anyway. "It's getting to be autumn, autumn is so pretty. Of course you called it fall. Americans say things in a weird way. I wonder if you would raise her like that, teaching her to say things the American way. Oh that would be so confusing for her wouldn't it. Being told how to say things the American way by you and being told how to say things the Britain way by everyone else." I laugh slightly. "I wonder what color her eyes would be, what color her hair would be. If she would be as fast of a talker like you are. I never asked you if that was a skill you had learned or if that was just how you talked. You could talk for hours but of course now I'm the one doing all the talking, but you can't help it of course. Oh I wonder how far along you would be now, 8 months if I'm doing the math right. I am bad at math. Well of course you can't be exactly sure how far because I think you were 4 months when you came to the party but I'm not really sure." 

"Hey Maddy we have to go" Harely was standing at the gate, I been had dropped off but they were back now. 

"Alright I'll be there in a second" I call back to her and I stand up off the ground. I double check there were no leaves on the stone or directly in front of it. I bend down and straighten the flowers a bit, catching one last look onto the head stone

 Arrow Blue Woods, daughter, mother, friend. Jammie Madilyn Woods, daughter. A mother lays with her daughter, both gone too soon. 

I smile a soft smile and walk through the cemetery towards Harely. I walk through the gate and Harely grabs my hand, holding it till we got to the car. Mom and Dad were in the front seats, James, Sirius and Remus were in the way back, Liz and Rose in the row behind Harely and I. Our trunks were piled behind the boys, it was September 1st. 

"How are you doing Maddy?" My mom asks me and I shrug. I look out the window and I don't speak the whole car ride to the station. We park and grab trollies for our trunks and head into the station, there was so many people. I kept looking around, was someone who knew Arrow around? Was someone who knew who killed her around? Was the person who killed her around? 

I couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't stop thinking about how she was just murdered in cold blood because someone thought she would give birth to someone powerful. She was just a teenage girl. She did no harm, her baby was supposed to be a normal baby. 

"Maddy are you alright?" Harely asks me. I look to her as I continue walking. 

"I'm fine" I smile, then I hit something with my trolly. Turns out to be someone, Sirius had stopped before the barrier, he was going to take it at a run so he stopped to prepare. "Sorry Sirius" I say frowning. 

"Are you Sirius? Of course not I am" He laughs and he runs towards the barrier. 

"Will he ever stop with name puns?" Remus asks rolling his eyes. 

"Of course not mate" James laughs. We all made it through the barrier and put our trunks on the train. I walk back over to mom and dad. I give my dad a hug first. 

"I'm sorry this summer didn't work out too well for you kiddo" He tells me. I shrug and he chuckles a bit. "Hopefully this school year will be just fine" And I pull away. I go to hug my mom and she fully embraces me. 

"Maddy I love you so much you know that? I love and miss you when you're gone. I have done this for three years now and these goodbyes don't get any easier" She tells me. I smile and pull away. 

"Only four more years of this" I remind her and she laughs softly. "I love you guys, thanks for putting up with me this summer" And they both laugh. 

"What else are we going to do? We're stuck with you" My dad jokes. I laugh and the whistle blows. I wave goodbye and I walk onto the train. I find my friends and I sit down with them, James, Sirius and Remus were next to each other across from Harely, Liz and I, Rose was on the floor because she wanted to be. I was next to the window with Harely on my other side. 

"So what should we do for beginning year prank? It's a big year for us we can go into hogsmed. We have to celebrate" James smiles clapping his hands together in a kind of evil way. 

"James we didn't do a prank last year" Remus tells him, James leans over Sirius who was in the middle of them. 

"Yes we did, we charmed all the turkeys to set fire after Dumbledore said Tuck in" James reminds him. 

"I'm not here than am I?" Sirius jokes watching James just lean over him. 

"I feel ya Sirius, sometimes I don't think I'm even here" Rose jokes. I stare out the window, we were still moving past the city. I saw people walk by, going on with their lives, most not realizing that there was a train even going by them. Then the city was cut off, we were moving past the edge of the city and we were going through the country side. 

"Maddy" James was across from me and kicked my foot. I look up at him. 

"Yes setting fire to the turkeys" I say pretending like I was paying attention. James looks at me. 

"We said that 10 minutes ago you spaced out watching the country side" He tells me. I shake my head. 

"Sorry just loosing focus" I smile and he nods, not taking his eyes off of me but continuing to talk to the others about some prank. 

Edited and rewritten 10/18/20