Chapter 28

Maddy's prospective

"So who wants to go swimming" Harely asks.

"I mean are we going to go swimming or sit on the beach and just enjoy the sun?" Rose asks. James rolls his eyes. 

"Well Sirius will either drag everyone in or jump in splashing us all" He tells us and Remus laughs. 

"That or he'll get soaked and then come out of the water to shake off like a dog" And we all laugh. 

"Okay so are we going?" Liz asks. We all nod and go change into our bathing suits, well we kicked the boys out for them to wait while us girls changed and then we waited out for the boys while they changed inside. We grabbed towels and we were off. We run to the lake and Sirius picks up Liz and throws her in. 

"Maddy! Sirius threw me in!" Liz complains. We all start laughing, James was right. 

"I got you" I say and I sneak behind Sirius and push him in. Rose grabs Harely and drags her in. James jumps in. I turn around at the snap of a twig and see Remus about to push me in. "Nice try" I say, pushing him away from me. I looked at him up and down.

He had scars up and down his torso, from when he turned. He managed to still look nice with all the scars covering him, he looked strong and we were able to see everything that we couldn't see when he hide underneath all the layers he usually hides behind. I thought I was safe now that I had caught him, but he grabs me in and throws me in.

"Remus John Lupin!" I yell and he jumps in splashing us all yet again. I tread water staying afloat. He swims over to me and pushes me towards the others who were splashing around. Sirius got a face full of lake water before diving under the water. Suddenly Harely gets dragged under and she panic grabs onto Liz who grabs onto Rose who grabs onto me. 

We all end up under water and I try to open my eyes but I can't see. There's so much movement and I feel water fill up my nose. I start choking on water. I try to go towards the light of the sky but I feel like it just gets further and further. I keep reaching for it but I can't seem to break the water. Suddenly my hand feels cold and I am dragged into the air and I can take a breathe without water filling up my nostrils. 

I feel lightheaded as I look around, spitting out water trying to get rid of all of it that had filled my lungs. 

"Maddy are you alright?" I couldn't tell who was talking to me, water had filled and muffled my ears. I shook my head and continued to cough out all the water. I feel the ground beneath me, I was brought onto the shore. I cough up everything out and look around, I was kneeling on the ground, Remus was in front of me and the girls were beside me. James and Sirius were behind Remus. 

"Are you alright, are you breathing?" Remus asks me and I nod. 

"What the hell happened?" I ask trying to get my breathing back to normal. 

"You didn't come out of the water, Remus dove to get you from under the water" James tells me, he pats my shoulder and I sit up normally. 

"Why did you pull me under?" I ask Rose. She shrugs.

"I didn't know you would almost die. I thought you could swim" Rose tells me. 

"I can I just can't breathe underwater Rose. You have to be careful" I tell her. She glares at me. 

"Are you serious? I wasn't the only one dragged underwater, next time just don't be so dramatic" She tells me folding her arms. 

"Are you serious? I almost died" I yell at her. She frowns. 

"I'm Sirius" Sirius tells us as a joke. I frown and glare at him out of the corner of my eyes. 

"You're fine, don't be a baby" Rose tells me. 

"You aren't a very good friend Rose" I say and I walk out of the shore area, I grab my towel and head back to the camper.

Remus's prospective

"Should we go talk to her" James asks.

"No. She needs some time for herself" Liz says.

"How are you Remus" Sirius asks.

"Let's just have fun, she will come round" I say. We have fun in the lake, we swam and splashed around, waiting for Maddy to come back. And once we head back we find a note.

"Went back home, have fun without me- Maddy" James reads.

"How did she get home your parents dropped us off" Rose asks. She hadn't said much since Maddy left the lake area. 

"She must have called them, ugg Maddy" James says sitting down. He pulls out a phone.

"Since when do you have a phone" I ask James. There were phones in the muggle world that were large and clunky, we were able to charm smaller ones. We always had to hide them from muggles. 

"My parents got us each one at the beginning of the summer." James says putting a hand on his chin and scrolling through his phone. He called her and then put it back down, on speaker.

"Hey you have reached Maddy and I can't reach the phone right now feel free to text me or leave a message bye" James clicks the end call button.

"I'll try calling mom" He says and he does the same thing.

"Hello" His mom says.

"Hey mom it the group, um is Maddy there" James asks.

"Ya she is here" Mrs. Potter says after a moment.

"Maddy it is the group" She starts to say but I could hear Maddy yelling in the background

"I am not talking to them".

"She doesn't want to talk. Whatever you did she is not forgiving you easily. I know you kids will figure it out but for now she isn't too happy" And we all mumble a good bye.

Maddy's prospective

"So what happened" Mom asks as she hangs up.

"We reached the lake to go swimming and was dragged under" I say stirring my tea.

"What is the matter with that" She asks.

"I couldn't breathe and Rose told me I was a baby" I say.

"Honey it isn't our words that we use that describe us, It is our choices and our actions." She says after a moment. 

"I know but it was still something that bothered me and she told me I was a baby and for me to get over it" And I walk out to my room. After a while my phone rings again. I click the first voice mail

"Hey it's Liz call us back"

"Hey it is Harely and if you could call us back that would be great"

"Hey it's Sirius and I'm" Sirius laughs

"Sirius. Anyway call us back."

"it is bob mc flob and call us back" James says. After a while they just are burst out laughing. Sounds like they don't need me. Two days later they are supposed to come home. I lock my door as I hear the front door open. They hadn't tried to talk to me since those first few phone calls. 

Edited and rewritten 10/17/20