Chapter 35

James's prospective

"Maddy" I start. She smiles and puts her backpack down. She was wearing a white dress with red flowers on it. She was wearing red heels, red lipstick and a face full of makeup. She had put down a light blue backpack and mom and dad followed in with a matching light blue trunk. I looked at the trunk and then to Maddy. Maddy's old trunk had paintings on it, news paper clippings, and even some doodles from her quill. What happened to that? What happened to her. 

"Hi" Maddy smiled taking off her heels. 

"Hi Maddy" Harely smiles, her cheeks blushing red. Harely walks over to Maddy and gives her a hug, Maddy was slightly taller than her, even without the heels. I don't know how Maddy grew so tall. 

"Hey Harely, how are you?" Maddy asks her as they pull away. 

"I'm alright, it's been so long since I've seen you" Harely tells her. 

"I know, I'm sorry it's just the course work was so much harder than at Hogswarts and I couldn't afford to step away even for Christmas" Maddy tells her. Maddy turns to Liz and Rose. "Liz and Rose! How are you two doing!" She smiles and gives them huge hugs. Both Liz and Rose stand there kind of frozen. 

"What happened?" Liz finally utters. Maddy looks at her confused. 

"Nothing? Remus!" Maddy smiles and gives him a hug. Remus was the only one who was still a foot taller than her. "Still tall as usual" She giggles. 

"Hey someone has to be the tall one here" He laughs and she turns to Sirius. 

"Sirius, still pulling pranks?" She asks him, Sirius laughs.

"Of course someone has to" He tells her, she kisses his cheek leaving a red lipstick print. She then turns to me. 

"James" She throws her arms around me. I hug her back and squeeze her tight. "I didn't know when I would see you again" She whispers in my ear. 

"Nothing happened to me" I whisper back to her. 

"I heard about the others James. I heard about everyone. Every single one, they didn't just all disappear" She tells me and then she pulls away, she whips away the tears in her eyes and smiles again. "So what happened when I was gone?" She asks all of us. We all just kind of stand there. "What's wrong with you guys? You are acting like a ghost walked through you" She laughs. 

"What happened to you? You're wearing a dress and heels and makeup and your trunk. This is nothing like who you were before you left" Liz tells her. Maddy rolls her eyes. 

"We all had to grow up sometime. I just ended up growing up before you guys apparently. Dresses are a normal thing and so are heels. Makeup is just fun to do." Maddy tells us and she walks towards the kitchen. 

"I tried to tell you that she would be different" Mom laughed. 

"Not that much different" I object mom like Maddy rolls her eyes. 

"What did you expect?" Mom asks us, she put her hands on her hips like she was about to tell us we were grounded. 

"To be fair Mrs. Potter, Maddy looks different she is dressed like" Harely starts.

"A girl" Liz finishes.

"You all do realize what she has done for all of you. She fought us for 3 months about going to that school. She sent you presents and we gave them to you in our name because she was afraid you would have forgotten her. She wrote us weekly to ask how you were doing during the summer. She wrote to us asking if she could come home just for an hour to come and talk to you" Mom says.

"Why didn't she just write to us?" I ask her. 

"She couldn't, the school doesn't allow pets and they only get mail once a week. So she wrote to us with the family owl, she didn't lie when she said she had so much work. That and with the dangers we didn't want her trying to contact so many people, it would be easier to track her that way" 

"Well how do we know that she really missed us?" Liz asks my mom. 

"Really?" Mom asks. She walked out of the room and came back holding letters. "Dear mom and dad, how are you. I am extremely bored and annoyed at all these snobs. I know you say I shouldn't call people snobs but really they are really annoying. How is the boys and the girls? Please tell me they are doing fine without me." Mom reads and she switching papers. "Dear mom and dad, can I please come home for the holidays or even just a day, I really want to see everyone. I know the dangers and I know that I could get hurt but I really just want to see them" She switches again. "Dear mom and dad, please give my friends the presents for me under your name as usual. I'm scared they forgot me already" She switches one more time. "Dear mom and dad, please please please bring me home I miss my friends and I have none here and I just need to see them. I need to see all of you guys." Mom looks at each and every one of us. 

"I'm going up to my room" Maddy was back from the kitchen, biscuit in hand. She grabbed her back pack and went to grab her trunk. Remus went to grab it from her but she smacks his hand off. "I got it" She says not quite in a harsh tone but still in one that made Remus back away. She grabbed her trunk and she made her way back upstairs. Soon enough we hear music playing. 

Harely's perspective

It was later that day when I knock on Maddy's door. 

"Come in" I opened the door and wasn't stopped by the charm. 

"There's no charm" I point out as I walk in. Maddy was sitting on her bed, pulling on a pair of boots. She was wearing a new dress and her hair was damp. She looked up at me and looked at the door. 

"Oh yeah I asked my dad to take it off earlier. It was a childish thing that wasn't really needed at this point" She smiles. 

Edited and rewritten 10/20/20